Have you guys ever tried Margherita Pizza? It is my husbands favorite pizza…and my oldest son loves it too! When we make homemade pizza at our house for dinner, those two will always request this kind of pizza. It is so simple and easy to make and it’s pretty to look at too! Make some tonight with our Margherita Pizza Recipe.
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
When we make homemade pizza, we usually whip up our favorite Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe. It’s so easy to make and tastes so much better than store bought pizza crusts…and we know exactly what we are putting into it. Then we roll out the dough into smaller individual pizzas for each member of the family. This way each person can customize their own pizza and add their own favorite toppings.
Sometimes…if we are in a rush because of a busy after school schedule, I will use flat bread for the pizza crust instead of our homemade pizza dough. I usually use this (Tandori Naan Flatbread by Stonefire) because it tastes so good and makes a great pizza crust when you are in a hurry. It is pretty pricey on Amazon…but I can always find it at SuperTarget and most grocery stores. You can get it in original or garlic.
12-inch round of pizza crust (try our homemade pizza dough recipe)
3 tablespoons tomato sauce
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 to 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 Tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
4 to 5 basil leaves
- Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of your oven and turn heat to its highest setting (not to broil…my oven heats up to 550 degrees F). Let it heat for at least 30 minutes. If you don’t have a pizza stone, you can use a regular baking sheet.
- Put the sauce in the center of the pizza dough and use the back of a spoon to spread evenly over the surface, stopping approximately 1/4 inch from the edges.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pizza.
- Break or slice the cheese into large pieces and place these on top of the sauce.
- Scatter the basil leaves over the top.
- Pick up the pie and slide it onto the heated pizza stone that is already in the oven.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, approximately 4 to 8 minutes (or until a little brown and crispy around the edges and the cheese are all melted.
Simple is best with a Margherita Pizza. I have heard that the authentic Margherita Pizza in Europe don’t come with sliced tomatoes on them…and that is an Americanized version…but since I am not Italian…I am not sure if true or not. Does anyone know? Anyways…my guys love it with the fresh tomatoes so that is how we make it at our house.
Unfortunately, I have a food intolerance for Tomatoes…so this is one that I do not eat…although I sure wish I could. Now go and make some! How do you make your homemade pizzas?
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.