I have two girls who have been obsessed with origami the last few months. They are forever folding paper into boxes and fun shapes. I had them teach me how to make an Origami Heart because I thought it would be fun to turn them into bookmarks and give them as a fun and unique Valentine.
I also created a little book mark insert that can double as a Valentine’s Day Card to give to your friends and family this Valentine’s Day.
The bookmark slides right on top of the Valentine’s Day Card. You can also tape a little candy bar or treat to the bookmark or card so that they get some chocolate too. One can never get enough chocolate.
To get the free printable Valentine, simply click on the link below to download them. Print them off on your computer on some white (or colored) card stock. Cut them out and then make up a few of the Origami Hearts with the tutorial below.
- Use a square piece of paper. If you want the hearts to fit perfectly on top of the Valentine Bookmarks use a piece of paper that measures 6 inches square.
- Fold in half.
- Half again.
- Open up.
- Fold bottom portion to the middle crease line.
- Turn over. Fold up triangular edges.
- Turn over.
- Bring point to the top and fold.
- Turn over.
- Use finger to make an opening.
- Flatten to form triangle.
- Repeat step 12 on the left side.
- Fold a triangle from the edge for both sides.
- Fold a tiny triangle from each peak.
- Turn over. Fold the areas behind the dotted lines.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.