One of our favorite breakfast recipes are these German Pancakes that are baked in the oven. They are so easy to make and are a huge hit with every one in the family. These German Pancakes Recipe are probably the most requested breakfast recipe in our home. When guests come over to stay, these always make an appearance!
This is a recipe I found from The Recipe Critic, and though we have tried other recipes, this is the one we always come back too. I don’t even bother trying other recipes anymore because we haven’t found one that is better in our opinion…and you might as well not re-invent the wheel…am I right?!
Our favorite way to enjoy them is to cover them with some fresh fruit and sprinkle them with confectioner’s sugar. The kids sometimes add maple syrup. If I am ambitious enough, I will make our Homemade Buttermilk Syrup (yummy) to drizzle over the german pancakes!
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
German Oven Pancakes
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs, milk, melted butter, salt and sugar.
- Add the flour and stir until incorporated. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add 1 tablespoon melted butter to the bottom of a 9 or 11 inch cast iron skillet.
- Pour the batter into a skillet and bake for 12-18 minutes or just until the edges start to brown.
- Top with desired toppings.
*recipe from The Recipe Critic
And sometimes…when I am overcome with a craving and a desire for a quick and easy dinner idea…we make these. Who doesn’t love a great “brinner” recipe…you know…breakfast for dinner?!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.