I am OBSESSED with fresh peaches right now…are you? There are in peak season right now here in Utah and they are super delicious and juicy this year. We can’t seem to get enough.
The temperatures have also been record heat breaking. The abundance of peaches and the abundance of heat has me craving something peachy AND something that is going to cool us off. So, why not combine the two for a delicious treat?
The recipe calls for fresh peaches, but you can use frozen peaches in a pinch and it should turn out just as tasty. We like to buy the big bags of frozen peaches at COSTCO that we use in our smoothies.
You can serve this Peach Slush as either a dish, like an ice cream or serve it with a straw as a slush style! We like to do both. I love this recipe because I have become very limited with the treats I can eat due to my food allergies. A healthy recipe that tastes great is a win-win in my book!
Peach Slush Recipe
2 Fresh Peaches
1/8 cup Water
1 tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- Peel peaches by pouring boiling water over the peaches for 30 sec. or peel with a paring knife.
- Chop peaches into chunks and put in a blender or food processor.
- Add Water and Lime Juice and blend until smooth in consistency.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan and freeze in freezer for one to two hours.
- Stir a few times so that it does not freeze into a solid block.
- Stir and whip it up with a fork so it has a nice slushy consistency.
- Serve immediately in a cold dish.
- Makes 2 smaller servings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. As always, I would love to hear what you think of this if you end up making it.
And…just for fun…if you were give a choice, would you choose a fruity or non-fruity (it’s a word ;) treat?
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.