I LOVE Pumpkin everything in the fall…I really do! But as soon as Thanksgiving is over I begin to crave all things Peppermint. Is that weird? I LOVE Peppermint and it just seems to go hand in hand with the Christmas Holiday Season. So I always look forward to pulling out our favorite Peppermint Recipes and experimenting with new ones. So today I wanted to share with you our new favorite Peppermint Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
I like to experiment with our Pancake Recipe and switch things up a bit. I have to tell you…these were a hit with the entire family. But…it is pretty easy to do when you add in some Peppermint and some Chocolate Chips! Mix it with some whipped cream and our favorite Buttermilk Syrup and you have a winner!
We made these for dinner the other night (which is also a surefire way to score big points…serving breakfast food for dinner…am I right?!) I just barely had enough sunlight left to snap some photos…(curse you winter sunlight). Maybe we will have to make them again soon so I can capture some better photos. I don’t think anyone in the family will be complaining. This recipe could be our new Christmas Morning Breakfast.
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Peppermint Baking Chips and/or crushed candy canes (optional)
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add peppermint extract.
- Don’t overmix, there should be a few lumps.
- Pour a small circle of batter (according to the size you want) and cook pancakes over medium heat on a griddle or on the stove.
- Sprinkle the peppermint pieces and chocolate chips onto the pancakes while they are cooking.
- Flip the pancakes when you see bubbles forming on top of the pancakes.
- Serve warm with melted butter, buttermilk syrup, or maple syrup and whipped cream.
Interested in some of our other Pancake Recipes? Check these out!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.