Slow Cooker Meals are a big part of our family life over here. I just love how easy they make busy weeknights. We use our Crock Pot several times a week in the fall and winter and I am always looking for new and delicious recipes. My friend gave me one of her favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe to try a couple of weeks ago, and it has now been added to our Family Favorite Recipe Book.
This is such a great recipe and everyone in the family enjoyed it. When that happens, you know it’s going to be a keeper.
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl
2-3 Chicken Breasts
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons of Chili Powder
2 teaspoons of Cumin
1 teaspoon of salt
pepper to taste
3 cups Chicken Broth
1 15 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
1 14 oz. can of Black Beans
2 3/4 cups of instant Whole Grain Brown Rice (or white)
1 1/2 cups of Colby Jack Cheese, grated
- Place Chicken Breasts in Slow Cooker.
- Pour Chicken Broth and Tomatoes over the Chicken Breasts.
- Add the Olive Oil, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, until Chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove Chicken Breasts from the Slow Cooker, shred them into small pieces and then set aside in the fridge.
- Turn the Slow Cooker on high and stir in the instant rice and black beans.
- Cook for another 30-45 minutes until the rice is soft and tender.
- Add shredded Chicken back in the slow cooker and mix into the rice and bean mixture so that it can be reheated.
- Add the cheese and let warm a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, avocados, or guacamole.
Eat this in a bowl and top it with your favorite toppings or fill a tortilla with the mixture and the toppings and eat it burrito style! Either way, it tastes so good and will be a favorite of everyone in the family.
Pin this recipe and save it for later!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!