Slow Cooker Meals are a big part of our family life over here. I just love how easy they make busy weeknights. We use our Crock Pot several times a week in the fall and winter and I am always looking for new and delicious recipes. My friend gave me one of her favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe to try a couple of weeks ago, and it has now been added to our Family Favorite Recipe Book.
This is such a great recipe and everyone in the family enjoyed it. When that happens, you know it’s going to be a keeper.
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl
2-3 Chicken Breasts
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons of Chili Powder
2 teaspoons of Cumin
1 teaspoon of salt
pepper to taste
3 cups Chicken Broth
1 15 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
1 14 oz. can of Black Beans
2 3/4 cups of instant Whole Grain Brown Rice (or white)
1 1/2 cups of Colby Jack Cheese, grated
- Place Chicken Breasts in Slow Cooker.
- Pour Chicken Broth and Tomatoes over the Chicken Breasts.
- Add the Olive Oil, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, until Chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove Chicken Breasts from the Slow Cooker, shred them into small pieces and then set aside in the fridge.
- Turn the Slow Cooker on high and stir in the instant rice and black beans.
- Cook for another 30-45 minutes until the rice is soft and tender.
- Add shredded Chicken back in the slow cooker and mix into the rice and bean mixture so that it can be reheated.
- Add the cheese and let warm a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, avocados, or guacamole.
Eat this in a bowl and top it with your favorite toppings or fill a tortilla with the mixture and the toppings and eat it burrito style! Either way, it tastes so good and will be a favorite of everyone in the family.
Pin this recipe and save it for later!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.