What do you have planned for dinner tonight? These Steak Fajitas are a tasty weeknight dinner recipe that you can have on the table and ready in under an hour….you do have to plan a little bit ahead with these and marinate the meat (and veggies…if desired) for best results. But other than that, these are fast and easy and loved by the whole family!
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
My boys really LOVE these. They like Steak and so they are happy when they see these on the family menu. I don’t love to eat a lot of meat like they do, so this is a good compromise for us. They can load their fajitas full of meat and I can load mine full of veggies…with just a little bit of meat.
Serve these with your favorite toppings and some shredded cheese. We also like to throw some sour cream, fresh lime juice, salsa, guacamole and/or fresh avocado slices on the fajitas.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14.25-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
2 lbs. steak
2 red bell peppers, cut into wedges
2 green bell peppers, cut into wedges
1 large sweet onion, sliced
1 cup bottled salsa
chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare fajitas, trim fat from steak. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of the steak. Combine 1 1/2 cups marinade and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers, and onion in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or skillet on stove.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside. Place steak and vegetables on grill rack or skillet coated with cooking spray; cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil; place tortilla packet on grill rack the last 2 minutes of grilling time. Bring reserved marinade to a boil. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Arrange about 1 ounce steak, bell pepper wedges, and onion wedges in a tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon salsa, about 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro. Fold sides of tortilla over filling.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
*slightly adapted from myrecipes.com
This is a meal that your entire family can enjoy. My kids love these Fajitas…even with the peppers.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.