It’s hot outside…and what is better on a hot summer day than some nice, cold ice cream. Better yet…homemade strawberry ice cream.
My eight year old daughter was baptized a member of our church this past weekend and we celebrated with some family and friends afterwards. Later that night we played on a giant slip and slide and then ate homemade strawberry ice cream while watching a movie outside.
We used the following recipe from Food.com.
Strawberry Ice Cream
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar, divided
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.
2. In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add strawberries with juice and mix well.
5. Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
6. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Click on the image below for a printable version of the Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe.
We had a little bit of the ice cream mixture left over that didn’t fit into our ice cream maker, so I poured it into some popsicle molds to make some strawberry ice cream popsicles.
Aren’t those mini strawberries adorable? We have a plant in our yard that produces these mini ones all summer long! They are almost too cute to eat…almost! Want some other refreshing popsicle recipes? Check out these past Idea Room recipes!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.