Were you wondering why I hadn’t posted any Turkey Oreo Pops yet? Ha! Well, you’re in luck today! Here is my latest version of my Oreo pop collection. This version makes for some perfect Thanksgiving Turkey Treats to add to your feast.
This time I switched it up ever so slightly…instead of using the Double Stuft Oreos, I used some Oreo Cakesters. For those of you who have emailed me and are having trouble getting the sticks in between the two cookie layers without them breaking, this might be a great solution for you. These have more frosting and are soft so the breaking risk is minimal.
Here is how I made the Oreo Turkey Pops:
1. Insert your popsicle stick or sucker stick into your Oreo Cakesters.
2. Line a pan with parchment or wax paper.
3. Melt your favorite chocolate in 20 second intervals in the microwave.
4. “Dip” your Oreo’s into the melted chocolate. In the past I have been saying to *DIP* your Oreos and several of you were having difficulty with them staying on the stick during the dipping process. I realized that I was actually pouring the chocolate over the over with a spoon while holding the Oreo over the cup of melted chocolate. Just turn the Oreo around as needed so that the chocolate is completely covering your entire Oreo and the stick. Hopefully this will help some of you who were having difficulty. Sorry for the confusion.
5. Place the Chocolate Covered Oreo onto the wax paper.
6. Take 7 pieces of candy corn and stick it into the side of the Cakester. The hardened chocolate will hold them in place permanently.
7. Take a whopper and place it near the top middle of the Oreo.
8. Quickly pop the tray of Oreos into the freezer just to set the chocolate.
9. When the chocolate has hardened (should only need a few minutes) remove the tray from the freezer and put a dab of melted chocolate onto some Wilton Icing Eyes and set them onto the whopper heads.
Aren’t they so cute? You could even add some red fruit roll-ups or licorice to make him a wattle (that red thing that hangs from a turkey’s neck)!
These are a fun and festive treat to bring to your Thanksgiving Hostess or to share with the little kidlets as part of your Thanksgiving festivities. Another fun twist for these would be to use them as a place setting at your table. Simple hang the name tag on the stick and use a piece of fruit to stand them in place by each table setting. Then your guests have a little treat to take home or eat for dessert.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.