This Tomato Basil Spinach Tortellini Soup was a huge hit at our house the other night for dinner. I am talking HUGE! The whole family loved it…and it has spinach in it! That never happens at my house!
My husband especially enjoyed it and was excited that there was enough left over so that he could take it to work the next day to eat for lunch! It is a pretty quick and easy soup to make and is a good dinner idea for those busier weeknights with the family.Print
Tomato Basil Spinach Tortellini Soup
A tasty and simple dinner idea that your whole family will enjoy. Make this delicious Tomato Basil Spinach Tortellini Soup for dinner tonight!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the flour and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste and tortellini, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the parmesan, spinach, and the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the basil right before serving.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.