With Valentine’s Day in the near future, it’s nice to have a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat idea that is fun for everyone! This Valentine’s Muddy Buddies Mix is the perfect Valentine’s Day Recipe. Make it for you family or give it away to your friends!
We love Muddy Buddies at our house! They are super easy to make and can be customized in a lot of different ways to suit a specific holiday or your sweet tooth. If you can’t eat Peanut Butter you can easily substitute it out. There are a lot of different Muddy Buddy recipes out there.
To make these Valentine Muddy Buddies, I simply used the Chex Recipe for Muddy Buddies and then added some Circus Animal Cookies and some M&M Candies to add a bit of festive fun and color!
Valentine’s Muddy Buddies
9 cups Rice Chex (or other Chex cereal)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup Circus Animal Cookies (optional)
½ cup M&M candies
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on
- High 1 minute; stir together well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Go ahead and whip some up! I also created a cute printable Valentine’s Day Label so that if you want to give them to your “buddies” (see what I did there?), then all you have to do is download the labels and print them out at home!
To download the labels, simply click on the link below:
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you loved this recipe!