Crochet Flower Hair Clips

I have seen these cute hair clips around Etsy and other places. I wanted to make some for my daughters and I want to show you how to make some to.

First you need to get some “alligator” hair clips (sold at craft stores and drug stores) or other types of barrettes. Simply take some ribbon (I used 1/4 inch ribbon) and cut a length long enough to go around the entire alligator clip and including the insides.

With a glue gun, glue the ribbon around the clip so that all of the metal is covered. (I have also done some so that I have not covered the clip part on the bottom so that it holds better in finer baby hair).

To make the crochet flower, simply crochet your favorite flower pattern with the yarn and color of your choice. Simply use your favorite crochet flower pattern (the actual pattern I used was from a copyrighted pattern I had purchased, so I can’t share it) or use the following pattern:

Rnd 1: Ch 5, join into a ring w/sl st in 1st ch.
Rnd 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), work 9dc in ring, join to top of ch w/sl st — 10 sts.
Rnd 3: **Ch 2, work 3dc in next st, ch 2 sl st in next st** five times. Fasten off.

Or use these patterns here or here.

I used a size F hook and 4 ply worsted weight yarn. My finished flowers measured 1 and 1/2 inches in size. Then I finished the flowers off by glueing the flowers onto the clip and then adding a button for the finishing touches. For a smaller or larger flower, change hook sizes.

If you do not crochet and still want to get your hands on some of these adorable hair clips, you can buy some here from Lisa, one of my fabulous readers, and her website ElleBows. Aren’t they the cutest?

Comments

1. Elle's Mom says

Thank you so much for including ElleBows in your post! You are such a sweet person and I just adore your blog and all of your creativity!!

2. LJohnson says

Thanks for the idea! I made a ton of flowers, when I started learning to crochet. They've been sitting in a bag, waiting for a purpose – hair clips are perfect.

Should you don’t employ a devoted area at home, a folding unit may be finest.
    This converter customizes the video effects, it helps, set the brightness of the video,
    the contrast, the saturation and choose to apply special video effects to your FLV video files.

One may also do fast upgrade walking on this specific treadmill.

Skip the salt: A diet high in salt is not good for your
    health because the extra salt makes you feel stuffed and
    causing your heart to work stiff. Checking the sugar in the foods you lobe can be discouraging as
    you take offf one item after another from the list of foods you once
    ate. Some studies believe that up to 70% of succcessful
    weight lozs stems from keeping insulin levels in check
    and to do this means eating whole grains and avoiding simple carbs.

Fantastic goods from you, man. I have be mindful your
    stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. I actually like what you’ve received here, really like what you are stating and the way
    in which you assert it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it wise.

I can not wait to learn much more from you. That is actually a terrific site.

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear
    concept