Frozen Lemonade

One of my favorite things to drink is Frozen Lemonade! Especially Pink Lemonade! Love it! It is a perfect treat on a hot summer day.

Frozen Lemonade
Pin It

Have you ever had Thelma’s Old Fashioned Lemonade? It is frozen lemonade and it is to die for. But it is also pretty pricey for my taste. So can you imagine how happy I was to discover that you can make your own frozen Lemonade?

Frozen Lemonade 2

All you need is an ice cream mixer, some of your favorite Lemonade, rock salt and ice. (Do not use sugar-free drinks, the sugar keeps the lemonade from becoming a solid block of ice and seizing up your ice cream maker!)

Mix your Lemonade (or other favorite beverage) according to the package directions and pour it into your ice cream maker container. Place it into your machine and be sure that the inside paddle and lids are connected properly. Then according to your machines direction layer the ice and salt.

Turn your machine on and let it do its magic. Mine took only 25 minutes to be a perfect slushy consistency. It was seriously so yummy and smooth.

I only wish I would have discovered this at the beginning of the hot summer. At least maybe there will be more for me to enjoy while the older kids are in school! But for a few more days, summer is still in full swing round these parts.

Frozen Lemonade 3
Pin It

P.S. I picked up these fun, tall glasses at the Thrift Store a few years ago. Cute glassware makes it taste even better!

Comments

1. Infarrantly Creative says

I am obsessed with frozen anything in the summer. Have you seen Skip To my Lou's post on how to make you won sno cone syrup. I am addicted. But I love lemonade. I am going to try this with my icecream ball. Have you seen those…your kiddos would love it. I got mine on amazon.

2. HOPE says

I can remember the taste from Six Flags years ago with my kids! Can't wait to try this..even if Summer is nearly over.

Now that your pic is on the sidebar…like daughters-like MOM! ;)

3. Tasha says

I am seriously so excited about this!!! I tried to make a frozen lemonade drink in the blender on Sunday. It didn't really turnout how I Hoped. But, this, this should like it is going to work! I wish I had thought of the ice cream maker. We have the cuisinart one. Love it. Would highly recommend it. I make all sorts of yummy fun things in it. Thank you, thank you for sharing this idea!!!

4. Dani says

Oh my gosh! Ever since I've been pregnant I crave sour things like lemonade and sour popcicles! I'm totally going to try this….I just need to get my hands on an ice cream maker! :)

5. **Amy** says

Infarrantly Creative–I had not heard of icecream balls but looked them up on Amazon. Those look like a lot of fun. Dani–I hope you are able to get your hands on an icecream maker so those cravings don't drive you crazy. I know how that can be. My poor husband made many french fry runs and bubble gum runs to the store when I was desperate. Laurie–lick away, but I guarantee the real thing will be much better. Just come on over and we will make some together (she is my sister :)!

6. Shannon says

This is a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing…but I have another method if you don't have an icecream maker!:) Just thought I would share!! PS I LOVE your blog!!!!

Lemonade Slush
    3 c. Sugar
    8 c. Hot Water
    1 can Frozen Lemonade (or favorite frozen drink)
    2 liter Sprite
    Dissolve sugar in hot water, add thawed can lemonade, mix well and place in gallon freezer bag. Freeze. When ready to serve partially thaw, dump into bowl and pour Sprite over top. It will turn slushy. You can garnish with lemon wedges:)

7. Whitney & McKayla says

A friend of mine told me she's been doing this for ages! She let me know that any sugary drink will work. She's really big on the couponing movement and gets things like Hawaiian Punch etc super cheap and uses those as well and even serves it as a "treat" or dessert for her kiddos.
    Just a word to those wanting to try this – the ice cream makers that you put in the freezers do NOT get cold enough to do this justice. We tried and let it go for almost an hour and barely had any slush to show for it. This is because the frozen canister will only get to freezing temperature while adding salt to ice actually melts and refreezes it and dropping the actual temperature. The old-fashioned ice and salt machines are a LOT colder and freeze much faster.

8. The Various Types of UK Home Insurance says

Undeniably imagine that that you stated. Your favourite
    reason appeared to be on the net the simplest thing
    to take note of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as people think
    about issues that they just do not know about. You managed to
    hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the entire thing without having side effect , folks could take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thank you