Halloween Mummy Pizza and Mummy Dogs

halloween-mummy-pizza

At our house, we have a Halloween feast. It is usually done sometime within the week before Halloween. I have already shared with you a couple of our feast items like the edible worms and eyeballs. For the main portion of the meal we usually make individual Mummy Pizzas or Mummy Dogs.

To make Mummy Pizzas just take some bagels and spread spaghetti sauce on each half. Place whatever toppings you would like on top of the sauce (ie. ham, pepperoni, pineapple, etc). Then take a stick of sting cheese and tear it into strips. Lay the strips on the bagel so that it looks like the mummy rags. Then place in the oven on broil for 5-8 minutes. Watch closely so that they don’t burn. We caught ours just in time! The best part is that each child can make their own just how they like it!

Halloween-Mummy-Dogs
*picture from here by emergencyfan2000. I could not find the pictures we had taken of ours.

To make Mummy Dogs you will need some bread dough and hot dogs. We used a store bought tube of Pillsbury crescent dough. Wrap the dough around each hot dog so that they look like mummies. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Add drops of ketchup or mustard for eyes.

Halloween-food

I like to label all the food we eat at our feast with some marshmallow ghosts. I save them and use them each year. I just took some large marshmallows and added eyes with a Sharpie. Then I just printed the name of the food item on some red scrapbook paper and tore it around the edges and attached it to a popsicle stick which I inserted into the marshmallow. (I realize you could have figured all that out by looking at the picture…but just in case)!

I also found a fun link that has quite a few ideas for some Halloween cupcakes here.

Comments

1. Lorie says

We are big Halloween feast people too! I am always looking for ideas! I am a big fan of the mummy pizza and hot dogs, but have never seen the ghost marshmallows to hold the signs until this year! LOVE THEM!

Have you seen the ghost shepherd pie! It is TOO CUTE!

2. Tater Tot Mom says

What great ideas! I'm always looking for ways to make food more fun as my son is the pickiest eater alive. Thanks!

3. TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo says

How funny! I love the pizzas. We make mummy hot dogs every halloween! One night of the year that I don't have to wonder what to make for dinner! Haha~!

XO*Tricia

P.S. I just discovered your blog and can't wait to have a look around.

4. letsshop2gether says

I am definitely doing the pizza and plan on doing the hot dogs too – only I'm going to make them look like bloodied fingers since the mummy pizza already uses the mummy theme. I have 1 stupid question though – do you cook the hot dogs before you roll them up or do they cook while they are in the bread?

Love your Mummy Pizzas! I’m linking to this in a mega Halloween Treats round up post on my blog this month : )
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

My son is right next to me and said “mommy that looks so good can we make it pleaseeeee??” haha, this sure looks fun and tasty, thank you so much for it!

P.S. This site has given me so many ideas, I love it.

My kids LOVE them! Thanks for the kind comment. I really appreciate it! Hope you continue to enjoy what you see here!

1. Trick or Treat? 10 Spooky Snack Recipes « FiveCentShine | Good, Honest Work | Effective Customer Acquisition and Market Positioning says:

[...] 1. Mummy Dogs from The idea Room [...]