Oreo Cookie Turkeys

These Oreo turkeys are really cute and are really easy to make and are the perfect cookies for Thanksgiving.

cookies-for-thanksgiving

I made several of them for a party last year in just about 30 minutes. I had a friend show me how to make these after she made them for the preschool our kids attended together. You will need the following:

Double Stuff Oreos (2 per turkey)
Small Reeses’ Peanut Butter Cups (1)
Whoppers (1)
Candy Corn
White Frosting
Black Frosting

thanksgiving-treats

First place your peanut butter cups in the fridge. They will cut cleaner cold. Then take an Oreo and carefully separate one of the cookies from the frosting. Gently press the pointed tips of 6 candy corns around one half of the Oreo. Take some white frosting and cover the frosting and re-attach the cookie.

Now, take the second oreo and lay it flat on the table. Pick up your Oreo with the candy corn and put some icing on the bottom of the oreo opposite from the candy corn and attach the Oreo onto the flat oreo so that it is on the back half. Prop the stuck together Oreos against a book or a wall to hold it up while the icing dries. If it does not stand up well, add some more icing.

Now take a cold peanut butter cup and cut a small section off of it so that it will have a flat side. Place some frosting on the flat section and the top of the peanut butter cup and attach it to the Oreo with the candy corn so that it becomes the body of the turkey.

Take the Whopper and put icing on the back side of it. Attach it so that it is right on top of the peanut butter cup and iced to the Oreo and Whopper. Add two drops of white icing for the eyes and a smaller drop of the black for the pupil.

For the wings, I cut the very tip of a candy corn and glued a wing on both sides of the peanut butter cup. For the feet, you can use the same tip you cut off when making your wings. Let dry for about 20 minutes before handling.

thanksgiving-treats

These would be so cute to give to a friend, child or neighbor. They would also be really cute holding a name place card for your Thanksgiving Dinner. You could just put the name card behind the candy corn on the top of the turkey. So cute and easy!

Here is another adorable turkey treat that my sister made for us last Thanksgiving.

Comments

1. BeautifulWreck says

This is absolutely adorable. I only wish I could make them but one of my children is allergic to peanuts. :(

2. karin rk says

I think I will replace the peanut butter cup with a vanilla wafer cookie. These are adorable!

3. Valerie says

Cute! I think I'll make these for our Thanksgiving table this year!
    It's our first time back "home" in 4 years, so it will be a treat!

4. Anonymous says

Do you have any ideas like this for Christmas? I am in charge of the class party. I would love for the students to put something like this together for their snack. Thanks in advance.

5. Julie Harward says

Oh..those are so cute, it makes me laugh! We will be making them at our house for sure! Thank you!!
    Come say hi :D

6. Lanie says

So cute! And the kiddos would have fun helping to make them. I linked to your post in my Friday Favorites. ~Lanie

7. Rook No. 17 says

That is simply too adorable! My girls will love making these! Who doesn't love an oreo?

8. What A Dish! says

My family made these cute little guys last Friday…. we had a blast, and they are cute and even yummy! I'd love to put them on my blog; I will include a link to your blog, of course. :)

9. Amy says

I made these yesterday with my 3 yo. I just blogged about it today and sent my readers back to your blog. Yours turned out much cuter than mine. :-)

Thanks for the great idea!

10. Us Simple Girls says

About to post these to our blog… our little turkey-lurkies will love 'em come T'giving!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    ~Katrina

11. Michele McGraw (ScrappinMichele) says

so cute! We are going to make these for my daughter's 5th grade Fall Party on Tuesday. Thanks for the idea!

12. Breanne says

Just made right now, too cute. We used the crumbs from the Oreos to use as eyes since I didn't have black frosting.

13. Danielle says

How well do you think these would freeze? I was thinking I could make a bunch ahead of time for our Family Thanksgiving, then take them and put one on each plate. Thanks for such a cute idea!

14. **Amy** says

@Danielle–Hmmm…that is a good question. I think for the most part they might do okay freezing. I just wonder what they would look like. Will the chocolate be discolored or will the parts come off when it thaws due to the moisture?? I guess you could always try it in advance and see how one turns out. Great idea to get them all done in advance and pull them out when needed. They would make an adorable name tag holder too.

15. Helene says

Another blogger, Jenny from My Nifty Notebook, linked to this on her blog and I love it!!!!!

Would you mind if I posted this on an e-newsletter that I publish, giving you credit of course???

16. shelby says

I just made this! I'm 19 and even I had SO much fun putting it together HaHa! I can't wait to show the group of girls I teach out to do it! It's going to be a blast :D Thank You for this!

17. Cecelia says

Hi Amy,

I put your Thanksgiving Candy Turkeys on Pinterest – hope that’s ok. I wasn’t sure after I read your request about distributing. If it’s not ok, I’ll remove it.

Thanks!

Cecelia

No its totally fine. I love Pinterest. I just don’t want people copying and reposting things themselves. As long as you are linking back (which Pinterest does) that is totally fine. Thanks so much!

What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & assist other users like its aided me. Great job.

19. Elaina says

What type of icing do you use? I tried using store bought icing but it wasn’t sticking. Do you have a recipe or a certain brand you buy?