Simple Word Gifts

I am always on the lookout for great Homemade Christmas Gifts.  I love to give handmade gifts to my friends and family, but don’t want them to be something that they will not actually use.  So I really try to give them something that I would use and display in my own home.  This year I decided to make some really easy but cute believe words to enhance their Christmas decor.

handmade-christmas-gifts

I made some easy gifts to give to some neighbors, etc. I just bought some pre-made cutouts of the word believe and covered them with some cute Christmas scrapbook papers. I of traced the words onto scrapbook paper and cut it out with my Exacto knife then used Mod Podge on both side of the paper and let them dry. Just the same as I did the BOO and JOY letters from previous posts. I will send them out with a simple card attached. I am still searching for a great phrase that includes the word “believe” in it relating to Christmas. Do you guys have any ideas for me??

I think they make a simple addition to your Christmas decor.

Comments

1. Beth P. says

Those are adorable! What a great idea. I don't have any quote or phrases for you, but I hope you find something amazing!

2. Ashley says

i love these! how about a quote from the polar experess? maybe this one: 'seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

3. Rachel says

Hi Amy, another great idea! Where did you get the block letters? I haven't seen these before (or just haven't gone down that row at the store:)

4. Rachel says

Ashley, that is the exact thing I was coming to post! You could attach a simple bell along with it as well and do this one from Polar Express:

"At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."

5. Chatty Natty says

I was going say just what Ashley said (although I didn't know it word for word). I'm sure there are other "believe" quotes from the Polar Express. LOVE IT!

6. Lynette says

Oh, these comments made me think of the polar express! I will have to break out the sound track! I love this idea for a gift for neighbors! Sooo cute!

7. Favors With Love says

Thy face, Lord, do I seek: I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the Land of the Living! Psalm: 27:8, 13

or

If you believe, you shall receive.

8. **Amy** says

Oh my…all of those are seriously great ideas…if you have more…keep them coming. It might be fun to have more than one option depending on who I am gifting them to! You guys are awesome.

I got mine words at Ben Franklin. I should have said that in the original post, but it was late and I was TIRED! I have seen them at other craft stores in different styles with different word choices as well. I paid about $1.75 each for them. I caught them on sale!!

9. JOYfilled Family says

Tis The Season To Believe
    "God loves this kind of attitude, the kind that does not see limits, and this is the attitude of a child. It sees no limits on possibilities, it is persevering to the point of folly, it is open to that which is new – a child is able to believe." (The Gift of Faith, pg. 72)

10. mamassparetime says

We wrote- "Wishing you and your family all the wonder and magic of Christmas" i our cards, sort of fits with the believe theme.

11. Victoria says

"Believe in hope, joy, and love this holiday season, Merry Christmas" :) And, of course, you can use different words..miracles, blessings, etc.

12. Kelly says

I love the word "believe" relating to Christmas. I took Silver christmas ornaments and used letter stickers and spelled out the word believe and hung them with red ribbon in between our stockings. My kids and I talked about the word and the different things that it can stand for this time of year. The things that we came up with to beleve in are Christmas miracles, the love of Jesus Christ, Hope, and of course Santa. There are many other things worth believeing in.

13. Tracy says

Believe in the magic of the season and hold the spirit and joy of this time in your heart throughout the new year.

I love these. Very lovely!

14. Andrea says

"Blessed is she who believes that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Cute idea!

Merry Christmas,
    Andrea Jones

15. Patti says

I have a block in my kitchen that says "Our home believes" and I leave it up all year 'round.

16. Tasha says

I Love them! What a great neighbors gift. I am going to work really hard to come up with something wonderful like this next year. You are just so fun and creative. I am sure your neighbors and friends are going to be thrilled!

17. Sheila says

These are darling — my favorite quote is "Believe in the Miracle of Christmas." Thanks for sharing.

18. jess says

“Believe in Miracles” perfect for a religious christmas (the miracle of jesus being born), perfect for kids believing in santa, but its also perfect inspiration year round. love it.