Thanksgiving Turkey Treats—Oreo Pops

Were you wondering why I hadn’t posted any Turkey Oreo Pops yet?  Ha!  Well, you’re in luck today!  Here is my latest version of my Oreo pop collection.  This version makes for some perfect Thanksgiving Turkey Treats to add to your feast.

Turkey Oreo Pops 1wm

This time I switched it up ever so slightly…instead of using the Double Stuft Oreos, I used some Oreo Cakesters.  For those of you who have emailed me and are having trouble getting the sticks in between the two cookie layers without them breaking, this might be a great solution for you.  These have more frosting and are soft so the breaking risk is minimal.

image

Here is how I made the Oreo Turkey Pops:

1.  Insert your popsicle stick or sucker stick into your Oreo Cakesters.

2.  Line a pan with parchment or wax paper.

3.  Melt your favorite chocolate in 20 second intervals in the microwave.

4.  “Dip” your Oreo’s into the melted chocolate.  In the past I have been saying to *DIP* your Oreos and several of you were having difficulty with them staying on the stick during the dipping process.  I realized that I was actually pouring the chocolate over the over with a spoon while holding the Oreo over the cup of melted chocolate.  Just turn the Oreo around as needed so that the chocolate is completely covering your entire Oreo and the stick.  Hopefully this will help some of you who were having difficulty.  Sorry for the confusion.

Turkey Oreo Pops 3wm

5.  Place the Chocolate Covered Oreo onto the wax paper.

6.  Take 7 pieces of candy corn and stick it into the side of the Cakester.  The hardened chocolate will hold them in place permanently.

7.  Take a whopper and place it near the top middle of the Oreo.

8.  Quickly pop the tray of Oreos into the freezer just to set the chocolate.

9.  When the chocolate has hardened (should only need a few minutes) remove the tray from the freezer and put a dab of melted chocolate onto some Wilton Icing Eyes and set them onto the whopper heads.

Turkey Oreo Pops 2wm

Aren’t they so cute?  You could even add some red fruit roll-ups or licorice to make him a wattle (that red thing that hangs from a turkey’s neck)!

turkey oreo pops wm

These are a fun and festive treat to bring to your Thanksgiving Hostess or to share with the little kidlets as part of your Thanksgiving festivities.  Another fun twist for these would be to use them as a place setting at your table.  Simple hang the name tag on the stick and use a piece of fruit to stand them in place by each table setting.  Then your guests have a little treat to take home or eat for dessert.

Pin It

Comments

can you tell me what kind of chocolate you used? I have some chocolate baking squares, I have chocolate chips … just not sure what to use. They are really cute!

2. Holly says

I had trouble finding candy corn today and substituted Mike ‘n Ikes. I made a test batch and they are so cute! Thank you for this fun idea. I really enjoy your site.

Oh Amy. I do love your Oreo Pops. They’re adorable! AND, I am thinking we might like to try the Cakesters. I’ve got an idea…

xoxo

4. sara says

i noticed you said to use oreo cakesters but the picture you posted shows double stuff oreo cakesters. could you clarify? i’ve gathered all my supplies and am excited to try this treat!

Oh oops. Either of the Cakesters (regular or double stuff will be fine) They are both plenty wide enough to hold the sticks. When using regular oreos you should definitely always go with the double stuff. Hope that clears that up!

5. Lauren says

Dis you freeze the cakesters? Mine pretty much fell apart when dipping them. Was it easier to just use the regular double stuff Oreos?

You can freeze them before if they are a bit crumbly. I also don’t really dip them As much as pouring chocolate over them. Makes them so they don’t break easily!

6. Caryn says

Found to these Turkey Treat Oreo Pops on Pinterest and just made them for my daughters Preschool class. They can out adorable and she loves them. Thanks, now off to check out the rest of your website.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Caryn

7. Heather says

I made these today for my sons thanksgiving party. They loved them and were amazed at how good they came out. And Ohhhhh so simple to make

8. Heather says

Oh, and I used the regular cakesters with Hershey’s chocolate. Very simple when pouring the chocolate over the cakesters

9. Ashley Miller says

Oh wow!! Im going to get the stuff to try to make these for our family Thanksgiving get together! We have lots of kiddos that would love them! =)

10. Rosie says

Hi! Which brand of chocolate do you recommend for melting and using for this recipe?

Thank you!