A couple of weeks ago I shared with you this Strawberry Jam that I made using Ball’s Fresh Tech Jam Maker. Today I want to share with you the recipe that I used and give you some free Jam Labels for your own use.
I usually just use the recipe in my Pectin Box, but used Ball’s Strawberry Jam Recipe and we are really enjoying it.
Strawberry Jam Recipe
You will need:
2 2/3 cups crushed strawberries (about three 1-lb containers)
3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
1/2 tsp butter or margarine
3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- WASH strawberries in cool, running water and drain. Remove stems and hulls. Crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed berries and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed strawberries evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
If you don’t have a Jam Maker, you can still make this jam and use your stove. Ball also has many other great Jam and Jelly recipes.
I am sharing the fun Strawberry Jam Labels with you, and decided to make some other labels too. I figure we are all probably making other Jams and Jellies that we want to add some pretty labels too as well.
Click on the link below to access the free Jam labels.
*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.
What kind of Jam have you made this year? What is your favorite Jam/Jelly?
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!