Frankincense Sugar Scrub

As promised, here is the Frankincense Sugar Scrub Recipe.  Thank you so much for remembering to send others to my site for the recipe!

frankincense

Frankincense Sugar Scrub Recipe

3/4 cup Raw Sugar

1/4 Granulated White Sugar

up to 1/4 Olive Oil or Coconut Oil (I like them less oily and used about 1/8 cup)

*I purposely chose to use Olive Oil in keeping authentic with the Christmas Story in the Middle East.

5 drops of Frankincense DoTerra Essential Oil

*optional—2 drops of Wild Orange DoTerra Essential Oil

Mix the sugars together in a bowl and then slowly add Olive Oil while mixing.  Add enough oil to get a good consistency…but not too oily.  Add your essential oil(s) drops and mix together again.  Scrub should last up to 3 months in an air tight container.  Use the scrub on skin as to exfoliate for smooth, soft skin.  Makes about 1 cup.

sugar-scrub-recipe

I bought my Myrrh and Frankincense Essential Oils here:  Frankincense and Myrrh DoTerra Essential Oils

For the directions for how to obtain the printable labels and how to make the crate and gift set you can go here:

{Gifts of Christmas Gift Set}

For the Myrrh Bath Salts Recipe go here:

{Myrrh Bath Salts Recipe}

Comments

1. lynn harrell says

This is just what I needed to a few special people in my office. Since I like to work with wood, saws, etc. this is right up my alley. Thanks for the inspiration. Merry Christmas!

This is perfect for you then! I hope they love it. Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks for taking the time to share that with me. I always appreciate it!

2. May says

Wow, love this :-) From this post I found your peppermint one and I am making as gifts. I managed to buy some cute retro glass mini milk bottles that are simply perfect. But I’m from the UK, so not so useful for you guys, sorry :-( I have one question though Amy, if I use coconut oil on the peppermint ones, does that make it smell coconutty?? I have essential oils I want to use, but don’t want it to smell like coconut too. But coconut oil is cheaper and easier to get in large quantities here…

Most coconut oils will give it a hint of coconut smell. So the other option would be to go with a lighter olive oil or grape seed or almond oil. All of those will work well. I LOVE mini milk bottles. So glad you were able to find some. I bet they are perfect for this! Thank you May!

How many batches do you think you can get out of a bottle of the oil. I am finding that it’s pretty expensive for 15ml of the oil, and I’m trying to justify it with a cost breakdown for myself. Thanks again for the wonderful ideas and recipes! I really want to try them out, especially the myrrh!

• Jenna says

Katie, if you get an annual membership you can buy the oils at wholesale. You will also be able to earn points towards free oils and we always have an oil of the month. The oils that are more expensive is because they are much harder to come by in terms of the crops and such. (E.g. something like Lavendar is much cheaper because Lavendar crops are everywhere!)

4. Jody says

Hi

I absolutely love your frankincense sugar scrub and myrrh bath salts idea. I want to make these for Christmas gifts. Where do you get the bottles you use?

Thank you for sharing this idea.

Jody

5. Jenna says

I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE that you use doTERRA Essential Oils for your scrubs! As an RN and lover of all things natural, I became a Wellness Advocate for doTERRA when I saw the processes they take to make sure the oils are 100% pure!!! This is awesome! I will definitely be utilizing some of your recipes! :)

6. Alison says

I saw this last year but not in time to make for Christmas. I was excited to do them this year but am sad that the page with the printables and how to make the box/put the gift together are no longer available. =(

7. Deb says

Love this idea … but $93 for a bottle of Frankincense oil is out of budget for most people. Am I looking at the wrong thing by chance? Thanks!!

• Claire says

You can find some cheaper ones online, but I doubt the quality is as good as the DoTerra ones.

8. Deb says

9. Claire says

Any update on these printables yet? I’m really looking forward to using these as Christmas gifts. Such a great idea! …pun not intended :)

10. bethgolden says

Do you think this could be left uncovered so it also served as a bathroom freshener?