Snickerdoodles are one of our family’s favorite cookie recipes. I thought it would be fun to take them up a notch for this Holiday Season by adding some Eggnog to the recipe to make them Eggnog Snickerdoodles. I had to tweak the recipe a little bit, but am quite happy with how they turned out.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
For rolling cookies in:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and thoroughly beat together.
- Add eggnog and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour until incorporated. Add in cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges have set and the tops appear slightly undercooked.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
Chewy and soft on the inside and a little bit crisp on the outside…just the way I like them. How about you? Not a fan of Eggnog? Make our favorite original Snickerdoodle Recipe!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.