Cookies are one of our favorite Holiday treats! These Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies are in my top five cookie recipes. They are so full of flavor and taste amazing! They are one holiday classic that we make every single Christmas…but they are good any time of the year!
They are the perfect chewy cookie and always turn out amazing! You might need to make a double or a triple batch though, because they don’t last long when we put them out for our holiday guests! If you want to be sure to get some, make a batch and hide it for yourself!
They freeze well, so they are perfect to make ahead of time and freeze for later. Then all you need to do is pull them out and let them thaw before serving…although I have been known to sneak them out of the freezer and eat them right then and there!Print
Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe
Dark and rich, these soft and chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies are everything you’d expect in an old-fashioned ginger-molasses cookie.
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1⁄2 cups Shortening (Butter Flavored Crisco)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 41⁄2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Cloves
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- confectioner’s sugar (for dusting cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together shortening, sugar, molasses and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in the milk to give the dough some moisture.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and then roll them in sugar if not frosting them with the icing glaze.
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. Do NOT overbake unless you want Gingersnaps.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
We like to dust them after they have soaked and cooled with some confectioners sugar to give them an little extra holiday flair!
What are your favorite Christmas Holiday Cookies?
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!