Free Spice Labels Printables

If you are following along with me on Instagram, you got to see a sneak peek of this project I was working on while watching me some Olympics.  This is one project that I have been super excited to get completed.  I LOVE anything that involves organization, labels and jars.  Don’t you? It makes my heart feel happy!

I had an antique Dr. Pepper crate that I had been using in my office to organize some of my craft supplies, but it was hidden away behind a cupboard door.  It is too fun to be hidden away.

Then one day I realized that it would make a perfect spice rack.  I had been slowly buying my new spices in these cute spice jars from Target.  They are in the spice aisle and the Archer Farms brand.  The jars fit perfectly.

Now, of course, I HAD to make some labels for the lids so that I could see what the spices were and to give them some extra oomph!

Don’t you think they look so pretty?  Almost too pretty to use…

Ha! With a big family, we do tend to go through some of these spices rather quickly.  So we do buy a lot of them in bulk from Costco and then I just store the bigger bottles in the cupboard directly above these spices, but the big bottles get hidden away.  I just refill the smaller ones when they get low.

So far it has been a great system.  It is also much easier to find the spices we need rather than trying to dig through each one in a crowded cupboard.  Well, I want to share these labels with you.  Even if you don’t have a vintage soda crate to store them in, there are several different options and spice racks you can use.  Or just put the round labels on your current spice jars to fancy them up a bit.

Let me just talk candidly with you all for a moment though.  I have been disheartened for several months lately with people who have been taking my photos, and free downloads and SELLING them.  It is really very frustrating and I have gone back and forth about how to combat it.

This is why I run my printables through my FB page.  It has made a difference in the amount that I have seen, but it is still happening.  This is illegal and is a violation of copyright and has made me wonder if I should quit sharing with all of you here.  BUT…I really don’t want to punish ALL of us due to a few dishonest people.  I feel like the people who are involved in this dishonesty are people who are finding it through Pinterest and don’t realize just how small the internet can be in the DIY/Craft world.

When you visit my site and share my site with others, your traffic earns me some income. I really appreciate all of you who are here and have been loyal followers.  I would not be able to continue to do this without you!!  I want to be able to continue creating and sharing with you, because I absolutely LOVE it!  It is my dream job!

So, on some of my bigger projects, I will be offering the printables FREE for a limited time, and then will move them into my shop.  This is a lot of extra work for me, but I am hoping it will help eliminate some of the problem.  So, this really shouldn’t effect the rest of you who are following along. Just make sure if you see something you want, grab it before it goes in the shop.  Also…please always send your friends and family to my site to grab something for themselves rather than sharing it with them.  I feel like that is a fair trade to make for you to continue getting freebies…right?! We will see how well this solves the problem and go from there!  THANK YOU ALL for your patience with this!

*Update–The time has expired and the labels have now been moved to The Idea Room Store.  Thank you!

To purchase them click on the link below:

Printable Spice Labels

Here is a list of the spices included in this set:

bay leaves

onion salt

pepper ground

poppy seeds

pumpkin pie spice

red pepper crushed

sesame seeds

haha! Pretty labels are more than just pretty…they are helpful too haha! I would never be able to figure out what the spices were by looking at them either.

1. Cathy Hale says

Thank you so much for this idea, I had a blonde moment and read the spice jar’s wrong & thought you just bought the jars & then filled them. lol I found just jar’s that I really liked, your way is a lot cheaper. Thanks again for all your work and for sharing it with us. Happy Crafting!!!!

ha! You are so sweet! We go through quite a bit with a large family…so we have to buy in bulk! You are so welcome!

2. Betty Carithers says

I am your fan on FB but keep getting the message Page Not Found. I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong!

You might have to refresh the link. It will give you an error sometimes and simply refreshing can fix it. I am not sure why.

How cute is that…I love this idea…thank you so much for the printable…I think I will down load them and keep them until I can get a crate,…because I want one of these for my new kitchen…again…thank you so much….

4. Lynn says

I ‘liked’ but never saw the free gift or previous downloads and am getting the same message as Betty. I went to your store see if I missed the limited time but didn’t see them there either. I to download these if possible. Thanks

Sometimes you need to just refresh the page. If there is a lot of traffic it will time out for some reason. Let me know if you still need help.

• Judy Hooks says

The note on this site says they were only in the store now. I wish they had taken the free tag off. I do not use my credit card on internet sites. I’ve wasted a lot of time.

Oh yes! I forgot to mention that. Thanks for asking. I did punch them all out with a 1.5 inch circle paper punch. You can find them in the scrapbook aisle of your craft store.

• Lori McIntyre says

This would have been very nice to know before I ruined 4 sheets of 1 1/2 ” circle stickers. I love the labels and I think your price is fair, however, maybe you should let people know that

1. they will not receive them after they buy them until you physically send them to their email address (most places will direct you to a link where you can download them immediately upon payment).

2. And that they should be punched out after being printed on a full sheet sticker page. :(

again, I truly do love all your awesome ideas, and pintable’s, just a little disappointed in this transaction.

5. Geri says

Thank you for this idea! I have an old coca-cola crate I love and was not currently using (and sad about). Plus I have always liked the Target spice bottles too! I had even searched on Pinterest ideas for using the crate. It always makes it out for table decor at parties (it once held individual desserts at a western themed baby shower). Keep the ideas flowing. We appreciate them.

Thank you so much Geri! I love sharing too…so it is a win/win. Glad to give you another use for your crate! Thanks so much for the sweet comment!

Looks great! I could have totally used those labels when I first made my coke crates into spice racks, haha! I had good intentions, I MEANT to make labels, eventually… but for (way too long) a while the sharpie was my only organization tool. The Jars I was using I had purchased in bulk online, and then one day in the store I realized that my jars matched the Morton & Basset jars from the store, and they were labeled! So now I’m committed to swapping out for those.

Yours, are way cuter. Here’s my post from a few years ago ( which was in our last house, and pretty bad photography, haha..

Always keep an eye out for those crates! They are so handy.

haha! Sharpies are one of my favorite tools! Now you can print out some labels to replace the sharpie! Wish I would have seen yours two years ago! LOVE these crates. I need one more!

7. heather workman says

TU for these! I spent 1/2 day looking for spice labels that were pre-printed (I HATE my messy writing) and gave up. I have jars bought and now I can move on it. I’m so sorry to hear dishonesty making more work for you, I appreciate you sharing very much!

Thank you Heather! It’s not really about the extra work…just wish people would be honest. Thank you so much for the sweet comment. I don’t love my handwriting either!

8. Leslie says

Can I just say how shocked I am that someone would take you free printable and sell it??? Can I suggest putting some identifying and/or copyright information on every download you offer and locking the pdf file so it is not editable? That might help.

I know right?! I do put my copyright on them. I will look into locking them. Thank you for your suggestions! xo

The ounces are all different depending on the spice in them. So I measured the bottles and they are 4.5 inches in height and about 2 inches in width. Hope that helps!

I am starting to place my more involved printables in my shop after making them available for free after a few days due to people mis-using them and selling them in their own shops. They were free for 5 days before I moved them over.

9. Kristy says

I so LOVE this idea! I ordered the spice jars, printed the labels…then my husband stole my sparkle by asking if I was sure the paint on the crate was lead free. Any idea if the soda crates are food safe/lead-free? I was thinking I could seal the paint somehow to be on the safe side, but since it’s going to be in my kitchen around food, well ya know…

haha! That is a great question though…I didn’t think about that. I have a paint testing kit from 3M (you can get them at your local hardware store) and so I just tested mine and it was fine. But good idea to check! Thanks for sharing that…my sparkle is back ;)

10. Pam says

If I pay and download the spice jar circles, can I edit them to change them if they are not what I need?

11. Deborah says

Amy, you are absolutely my favorite person to follow. And the only one I follow regularly. I am so sorry to heat about people selling your ideas. I hope this new idea works because I would hate to see you stop. :(

What a sweet comment! Thank you Deborah! I really appreciate that! I love to share and create so I imagine I will be at it for sometime! Thanks for your support. It really means a lot to me! xo

12. Renee Harper says

I love this idea and have already found a coca cola crate to use! I’m happy to pay for the labels as I know they are a lot of work (thanks!!), but is there a way to know which labels are included? Also, is it formatted to fit on avery labels or do you have to cut them out? I went to the store, but I didn’t see any additional information.

Thanks again for doing this! I’m excited to set up my new spice rack:)

I just added a list of the labels that are included! I should have done that to begin with! Thanks for the nudge!!

13. Stephanie says

Hi Amy! Your organized spices are so beautiful! You have inspired me! I plan to revamp my spice storage now, and would like to use the same bottles that you did. I have been looking for the french square bottles with aluminum lids, but only am finding black or white lids. Could you please tell me where you purchased these? Thank you so much!

14. Jenny says

These are exactly what I’ve been looking for! After I purchase and get your email, do I just purchase white sticker paper and the black area is what prints?
    I don’t have a printer so don’t know how this works.
    Or can I just buy these already printed out somewhere?

I love your spice rack repurposed from a Dr Pepper crate! It looks perfect in your kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration.

16. Kendra Quist says

Hi there! I love these labels. I purchased them in January. I am trying to add my own labels to the blank ones. I would like to match the fonts. Can you tell me which ones you used. I am not the bests with Photoshop and can’t see what fonts are used. I just want them all to be matching. I know, silly. :-)

17. Bo says

Someone please help!! Where did you find the square jars? I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t seem to find any that matches the pictures. PLEASE HELP!!

• The Idea Room Assistant says

I had been slowly buying my new spices in these cute spice jars from Target. They are in the spice aisle and the Archer Farms brand. The jars fit perfectly.