Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Recipe

There are a few things that I get obsessed with…right now it’s Grapefruit.  I am LOVING it!  It is perfect right now.  I have always been obsessed with citrusy fruit and the scent of citrus.  It smells so fresh and clean and makes me feel happy and invigorated.

You know how much I enjoy making my sugar scrubs and I had yet to make one with Grapefruit…so here it is ;)!

Grapefruit Sugar Scrub

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup Raw Sugar

up to 1/4 cup Almond Oil (Olive Oil or Coconut Oil)

3-4 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil

1 drop of food coloring (no more or it will stain skin) or drop of raspberry juice

2-3 drops of Vitamin E oil (optional)

Directions:  Mix the sugars together and slowly add the almond oil until you reach the consistency you like.  I like my scrubs less oily so I always use less than a 1/4 cup.  Add Grapefruit Essential Oil, food coloring and Vitamin E if adding.  Mix thoroughly and store in an airtight container.  Good for up to 3 months if kept bacteria free.

To use:  Rub a little bit of the scrub on your body or between your hands with a little bit of water.  Rinse with warm water to remove excess oils.  It will give your skin a nice exfoliation and leave your skin feeling soft and smooth and smelling fresh and clean.  Great for use in the shower or bath and before bed time.

I, of course, want you to have these fun labels to add to your own containers.  I have made them available as a free download to get them you will need to read these directions very carefully. *I only offer then through Facebook due to misuse of my free labels and copyright due to people selling them or posting as their own.  Sorry about that.

To download the Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Labels click here:

{Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Labels}

*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.

You can buy your favorite high quality/food grade Essential Oils here:

DoTerra’s Essential Oils

Other Idea Room Sugar Scrubs/Bath Salts you might be interested in checking out:

Lavender Sugar Scrub

Frankincense Sugar Scrub

Myrrh Bath Salts

Homemade Bath Salts Recipe

Chocolate Sugar Scrub

Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Foot Scrub

Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Lemon Sugar Scrub

Brown Sugar Scrub

Citrus Bliss Sugar Scrub Cubes

1. Elizabeth says

Looks interesting but I think you meant it will leave you smelling like Grapefruit and not like Lavender, right?

Yep. I must have had that on the brain after I had to link back to my Lavender scrub for the post. Thanks for catching that. I fixed it!

2. Kristyn says

This looks great!! Never made a homemade scrub but definitely need to!! Thanks for the tutorial. Pinning. :)

I should be able to figure this out, but am struggling today. How much does this make? I am wanting to use this recipe for a large group, but will be putting them in 4 oz jars. How many 4 oz jars would this recipe make? Any help would be awesome, as conversions give me mega anxiety!

4. Shannon says

I am loving all your DIY Spa items and would love to make gifts for my girlfriends; however, I am not on Facebook and do not plan to ever be. Is there a way to get your labels without FB?

5. Kendall says

Is there any substitute for essential oils? I don’t have any and can’t afford to buy any. I need mainly citrus ones (grapefruit, tangerine, lime, lemon) I would appreciate it as well as substitutes for any other kinds! Thanks!

You could use extracts but know that their shelf life is not long and they will not be as strong smelling.

6. Julia says

Thanks for the great recipe! I am having trouble with getting the nice pink color. I used Sugar in the Raw which is very brownish, and regular sugar. I looked online and it says “white sugar” is usually the same as regular cook sugar. Maybe I am missing something? I am a newbie at DIY so any help is appreciated!

Raw sugar will give it a brownish tint. If you want a whiter sugar the regular white granulated sugar will work best.

7. Person says

where do you make all of your cute labels? i want to learn to make them. please help!

8. Natasha says

Can you use actual grapefruit juice instead of the oil? or even the zest of the grapefruit. I want to make the scrub as a gift for some of my friends and want to make sure it last a little while. Any help would be appreciated :)