I have another yummy weeknight dinner to share with you today! This time it’s Cashew Chicken! We LOVE this meal at our house and it is a great way to get some veggies on the kids dinner plate that they are going to actually enjoy eating. This is a really easy recipe and can be pretty versatile as far as which veggies you have on hand.
I also have TWO different ways that you can prepare this recipe…either in the Crock Pot or on the stove, depending on how much time you have on that particular day.
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- fresh veggies of your choice: peppers, broccoli, snap peas, peas, carrots, water chestnuts, etc.
- Combine flour and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving steam some veggies and throw into crock pot and stir.
- Add cashews and stir.
- Serve with rice.
If you don’t have a Crock Pot, or actually want to cook this as a Stir Fry on the stove top, you can totally do that too with this same recipe! Simply follow the same directions without adding things to the Crock Pot. After cooking the chicken, so that it is browned throw the sauce over the chicken and simmer it for a couple of minutes. Then pull it off of the stove and set it aside.
See how in this Cashew Chicken Stove Top Recipe Video:
Then stir fry your veggies in a Tablespoon of oil on the stove top in a large skillet pan or Stir Fry pan. When they are finished (soft and easy to pierce with a fork) mix the chicken and sauce mixture into the veggies and serve over rice immediately.
For a printable version of this recipe to go in your Printable Recipe Book you can find it by going here:
*As always these are provided for your Personal Use Only!
I would also like to publicly thank my neighbor for happily providing me with the use of her chopsticks for this photo. They never question my weird requests to borrow random things on a Sunday afternoon…or at least not vocally!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.