Sharing another of our tried and true family recipes today…Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos. I love the flavor of these Taquitos. The first time I made them a couple of years ago, they were met with much scrutiny by the youngest. She was disappointed to find that they were not in fact her favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos (which are also super delicious).
After some convincing, she took a tiny little nibble and was pleasantly surprised that she liked it…after a few more bites, she decided that she didn’t just like it…she LOVED it! Well, there you go…she’s a tough critic that one…and these passed with a very high endorsement on her part.
After dinner that night, she practiced saying the word “taquito” over and over again so she could tell her ballet carpool about her delicious dinner…haha!
Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos
4 chicken breasts
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon cumin
dash salt to taste
dash pepper to taste
12 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup water
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese (or other)
corn or flour tortillas
toppings: avocado, salsa, guacamole, onions, cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
- Add chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, cream cheese, and water to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Right before serving, remove chicken from crock pot and shred with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir it in the liquid.
- Let it cook about 15 minutes longer while you prepare your toppings.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until tortillas are slightly browned and shredded cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings and sauces.
- Serves 6-8.
So yummy! Your whole family will love them!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.