Looking for Laundry Room Ideas? We are sharing our Laundry Room Organization and Laundry Room Decor to give you some ideas for your Laundry Room makeover.
LAUNDRY ROOM IDEASThe laundry room is one of the busiest rooms of the house and in most houses doubles as a mud room. The laundry room also usually becomes the catch all room for dirty laundry, cleaning supplies, backpacks, coats, shoes and more. Does this sound familiar?
LAUNDRY ROOM ORGANIZATIONToday I am sharing some of our Laundry Room Ideas to help you in your own laundry room.
- Collect and group similar items together in a way that is easy to contain, find and use. If you have a lot of cleaning supplies, gather them up and store them in one area for easy access. You can organize them on shelves or in bins depending on what fits your space the best.
- Have a space dedicated to the clothing items. We have some built in lockers that each of the kids have for storing their shoes, coats and backpacks. This keeps them tucked nicely away and out of site when they are not in use…that is when the kids remember to use them! We store the winter gloves, hats, scarfs and ski googles up in the baskets above the lockers. I will share more on that in a later post.
- Use your organization as decor if possible. Just because the laundry room is a very functional and all-purpose room, doesn’t mean it can’t be pretty! Use fun labels, containers, baskets and jars to keep your laundry supplies in for a fun and pretty display!
- Have a space to store your laundry. I recognize that this one might be harder for some people depending on the size and layout of your laundry room. Get creative if needed. I added a laundry sorter and made it a functional piece of the decor in our room. Even when it is filled with dirty laundry, I love the look of it in the room. It’s so much nicer than having my guests see piles of dirty laundry on the floor. I will share the closet we have dedicated to our laundry as well in an upcoming post!
- Dedicate a space for your pets. We have our litter box under the sink in this room that is accessed by the cat through a cat door. It keeps the litter box hidden away! We have a small corner of the room where the cat’s food bowls are located too.
LAUNDRY ROOM DECORI love using decor that is pretty and functional! So I gathered up some common items that we use everyday in our laundry room and found a way to incorporate them into some fun laundry room decor. It can be a great use of space too if you have a smaller laundry room.
LAUNDRY ROOM LABELSAfter getting your supplies in some containers, now you can add some labels to them. This can help you find things right away and add some fun detail to them. Use a label maker, a marker or create some fun vinyl labels with your Cricut Machine like I did!
LAUNDRY ROOM ORGANIZATION LABELSI made the following Laundry Room organization labels with my Cricut Maker and am so happy with how they turned out.
- Clothes Pins
- Stain Remover
- Dryer Balls
- Linen Spray
- Fabric Softener
LAUNDRY ROOM SIGNI also created this Laundry Room Sign to add some interest to our Laundry Room. Signs are so easy to make with your Cricut Maker. If you have been following me for a while, you know how much I love to make and use wooden signs in my home decor. I will be sharing a tutorial to make this sign here soon, so be sure to check back if you are interested in making one for your home.
LAUNDRY SORTERI chose to make this laundry sorter a part of our laundry room decor. With 7 people in the family, we can create a LOT of laundry. I shared our Laundry Tips and Routine in an earlier post for those of you who might be interested. Using a laundry sorter has helped us streamline our laundry routine and I love that it is now a fun piece in our laundry room. I customized it with the words, COLORS, WHITES and DARK using my Cricut Maker as well. You can grab the Laundry Sorter Labels in Design Space here. These labels can be made right in Design space by clicking on the button below!
LAUNDRY SYMBOLS SIGNI created this laundry symbols chart for our laundry room. It has come in handy several times already for deciphering those confusing symbols you find on your clothing labels! I shared it in a post here.
HOW TO MAKE LAUNDRY ROOM LABELSYou will need the following supplies to make your laundry room labels.
- Click on the green button “Make It” below to grab the .png file. You can convert the .svg file and upload it into your Design space. I like this online svg converter.
- Make any changes in size, etc. if you want. I rearranged mine so that the labels with two words were off set and overlapping on the top and bottom like in the photo below. You can ungroup the words and move them and then regroup and attach them so they don’t move when you send it the cricut maker to cut.
- Choose vinyl as your material. If it is a thicker vinyl change your setting to more other than the default setting.
- Load your vinyl onto a light grip mat and load the Cricut machine.
- Cut your project on your Cricut Machine. I used the Cricut Maker.
- Remove the project from the mat and then weed out the excess vinyl with a cricut tool.
- Place the transfer tape onto the front of the vinyl that you will be using for the label. Then peel off the backing of the vinyl.
- Place the label on a clean container so that it is lined up where you want it. Carefully peel off the plastic!
ORGANIZATION COURSEMany of you may know that I am releasing an Organization Course to help you bring clarity and balance to your life and home. My Organization Course is called The Balanced Home. I am so excited to be able to share with you so many of the tips and tricks I use to keep my home clean and organized with 5 busy children! It makes me so happy to be able to share that with you and help you get on top of your clutter! If you are interested in learning more about the Organization Course, you can check it out by clicking on the button below. I would love for you to join us!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.