No matter where you choose to store your linens, it’s important to keep them organized and easy to access. Whether you do that with adjustable shelves, drawers, baskets, bins, or dividers, there are plenty of ways to streamline your linen storage.
Organization ChallengeIf you missed any of the other days, you can check them out here. You can also catch me sharing each day on my Instagram Stories here.
Linen Closet Organization Tips
- Purge Your Non-Essential Items. Chances are good that you don’t use at least half of what you store in your closet space. Rather than finding a spot for all of it, donate it instead.
- Line Your Linen Closet Shelves.
- Always Put Things Away Clean. Washing your sheets and towels before you stack and organize them is crucial. That way you know you’re always reaching for a clean item when you need to make your bed or resupply the guest room with fresh towels.
- Use Boxes, Bins, and Baskets to Store and Separate your Linens. You can use fabric boxes, cloth bins, or straw and wire baskets to separate your different items: bath towels in one, dish towels in another, guest bedroom sheets in another, and so forth. If you want your linen closet to look straight out of a pretty magazine, invest in coordinating boxes so everything looks clean and uniform.
- You Can also use Fabric Bags, Zippered Plastic Pouches, and Space-Saving Bags.
- Store Sheet Sets in Corresponding Pillowcases. Fold your sheets neatly, then tuck the entire set inside one of its corresponding pillowcases.
- Use Labels. Being able to distinguish between your full-size and queen-size sheets in a single glance will make it a cinch to find exactly what you’re looking for — both when you want to take things out and put them away.
- Keep Your Linen Closet Fresh. Stick a box of baking soda on your closet floor to absorb bad odors. Strategically place cedar blocks along your shelves to prevent moths and bugs. Put a dryer sheet inside your packaged sheet sets to keep them smelling clean.
- Maintain by Organizing Again Each Time you Put Away the Fresh Laundry into the Closet.
Closet Organization Supplies and Products
- wire basket
- wood chalkboard tags
- label maker
- space saver bags
- fabric bins
- clothes storage bags
- wire baskets
- shelf liner
- lavender sachets
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.