I spent some time baking again this week…which is one of my favorite things to do when the kids head back to school! I think I love it because I finally have a minute where the house stays clean (especially the kitchen) and so I feel like I can actually take the time to bake! It also helps that the end of summer also means delicious Utah peaches! I always have to make our family’s favorite Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe.
On Monday nights, we have Family Night. This is a night where we try to be home together as a family and not off running around to different activities or sporting events. We like to share a little family message, organize some family business and plan out the week with the kids. Then we try to do an activity or play games together…and sometimes…we share a dessert together!
This Peach Cobbler was our dessert this week! Peach Cobbler just can’t be served without a scoop of vanilla ice cream…am I right?!
Peach Cobbler Recipe
¼ cup unsalted butter
4 cups fresh peaches, sliced
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in 9 x 13-inch dish and melt in oven. Remove dish when butter is melted.
- Cook peach slices in water with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and vanilla until boiling then turn down to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking powder, milk, and sugar.
- Remove peaches from pot with slotted spoon and gently spoon over butter, adding most of the accumulated juices but do not stir.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture over the peaches but do not stir. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon and brown sugar over the top.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour or until crust is golden brown.
I could eat peaches all day long. Stay tuned if you love peaches, because I will be sharing a few more of our favorite ways to enjoy our crop of peaches!
Now who wants some dessert?
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!