Are you craving something sweet? This is a great Summer Dessert, not only because it’s Peanut Butter AND Chocolate…but because it’s a no-bake recipe…ain’t nobody wants to turn on the oven in this summer heat. These No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars should be the next item on your to-do list!
In fact, you probably have everything you need to make them right now. What is stopping you? I like to make mine with creamy Peanut Butter…but you can make them with chunky Peanut Butter if that is more your style. You might even try them out with Almond Butter. I haven’t tried that but I bet they would be just as delicious.
You will want to make sure you have enough milk in the fridge…or a good neighbor to share them with. They don’t last very long at my house. I have to actually sneak a couple and hide them in the freezer so that I can have one later. Hide them in an old bag that was used to hold frozen veggies…they will be nice and safe for you to enjoy when the kids are in bed :).
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like creamy)
3 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat, .
- Once the butter has melted, add the sugar, milk, vanilla, and peanut butter. Whisk until combined.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil for 4 minutes, while continuing to whisk.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and add the oats. Stir until all combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a lined 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish. (No need to use non stick spray.)
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the oats mixture. The heat will start to heat up the chocolate chips to melt them. Within about 5 minutes, the chocolate will be ready to spread across with the back of a spoon.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting into squares.
If you try it, I would love to know how you like them! I love getting feedback from my readers and I love sharing things with you that you are interested in! xo
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.