The cooler weather has moved in most evenings and there is a definite crisp to the air…that means Fall is right around the corner and I couldn’t be happier. I love the sunny days and cool, crisp nights! I also love that it makes me want to be baking in my kitchen…baking delicious things like these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars taste like your favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies but they are in an easier to make cookie bar. Sometimes you want your dessert fast, without having to drop each individual cookie.
And because Halloween is right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to dress them up for a fun Halloween Dessert or Halloween Treat idea. These Halloween Bats are so simple to make and are super fun for a Halloween Party this Halloween.
To make the Halloween Bat Treats, all you need are the following:
Miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- Pull an Oreo Cookie apart and use the cookie without the frosting (or scrape the frosting off of the cookie).
- Carefully cut the single Oreo in half with a sharp knife. If you hold the cookie flat with your hand and gently cut the cookie, you can cut them without them breaking.
- Place cookies on the Cookie Bar and add a little frosting if you want them to stick to the cookie bar. Place them so the tips are touching and the flat cut makes the bottom of the bat’s wing.
- Unwrap a Miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cup and place it onto the two ends of the wings. Adhere with a little frosting. I like when a little bit of the chocolate comes off the side of the peanut butter cup. It makes it look like the bat has a little smile or expression!
- Place the candy eyes on the peanut butter cup and hold into place with a little dot of frosting.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
2 cups chocolate chips (I used a little less)
- Set the oven to 350F
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Then add the pumpkin and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients, and blend just until there is no dry flour visible. Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle over the top.
- Turn the batter into the pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until it is slightly puffed, and is not wet in the center. Let cool on a rack before cutting.
Or…you can skip the bat and just eat them plain with a tall glass of milk! Their isn’t anything wrong with that now is there?
Did you like this post? Would love for you to pin it and share it with your friends! Thank you! xo
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.