Every fall my kids seem to beg for me to make them our favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. These cookies are a crowd favorite. This recipe is one from my childhood and I can remember making them with my own mother.
So, they bring back a lot of great memories of growing up and it is fun to be sharing those same traditions with my kids in my own home. I was surprised when I realized that I had never shared them here with you…! Seriously…these are good!
Most of the time we just eat them straight out of the oven…but sometimes, if I am taking them to an event, I like to make them a bit fancier by adding some drizzled icing. If you go the icing route, simply pipe your favorite vanilla or cream cheese icing over the top of each cookie using a small round icing tip.
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups sugar
1 and 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
4 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream sugar, eggs and butter together until creamy.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients one at a time in order of the recipe and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Add a little extra flour if your dough is really sticky. This is a fairly sticky cookie dough so be careful to not add too much flour.
- Drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
- Let cool on cookie rack. Serve as is or wait until cookies have cooled to drizzle your frosting.
These cookies are really good for the next few days as well. They really retain their moisture and their flavor and have a really nice smooth and moist consistency…and they have chocolate! You can’t beat a good cookie that has chocolate in it!
Go ahead and make some. As always…I would love to know if you end up making and how you liked them! xo
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.