If you love Coconut as much as I do…you have to make these Coconut Brownies! They are so good! Like you might not want to share them good. My friend Stacy recently brought some of these to a little backyard get together we had and I had to have the recipe.
She was kind enough to share the recipe with me and I made some for my family the very next day. I don’t mess around when it comes to chocolatey goodness. My family loved them as much as I did! They are kind of like a big coconut macaroon on top of a delicious brownie! Double the yum!
Sharing a little video of the recipe here!
Coconut Brownie Squares
For the brownie base:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used dark ‘Dutched’ cocoa)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the topping:
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 package sweetened shredded coconut (7 ounces), 1/2 cup reserved for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and grease lightly. This makes it easy to remove the brownies in nice even squares.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl in the microwave.
- Whisk in the sugar, salt, and the egg.
- When it is well combined, whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Then fold in the flour.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. You will finish cooking it later.
- For the topping, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in the flour and the coconut (except the 1/2 cup reserved).
- Drop the coconut mixture in small mounds all over the brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the coconut.
- Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
I would love for you to pin this recipe for Coconut Brownies if you enjoyed it! Thanks so much!