We LOVE peach season here in Utah! The peaches taste so amazing that we tend to overeat them when they are in season. But we don’t mind. They don’t last very long so we stock up on them while we can and make all the yummy peach dishes we can! They are perfect fresh, but we like to make our favorite Peach Crisp Recipe when we have some extras!
This peach crisp recipe is so easy to make and literally takes just a few minutes to slice the peaches and throw all the ingredients together before baking it in the oven. My kids love walking in the door from school to the smell of a peach crisp baking in the oven!
Of course, its always nice to serve it with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipping cream. I prefer the ice cream because I like the way it gets all melty in the warm peach crisp!
Do you have access to some fresh peaches? If not, this recipe can always be made with some frozen peaches. If you do use frozen you may want to add a little extra flour to your recipe to help soak up some the peach juice from the frozen peaches.
Peach Crisp Recipe
Make this delicious dessert recipe. Perfect for a sweet treat in the summer or for a neighborhood party. This Peach Crisp Recipe is sure to be enjoyed by all.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 to 10 fresh peaches, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter, with a knife or pastry cutter, until crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and peel the peaches, and slice thin.
- Arrange peaches in a 13 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and salt over the peaches, and mix until well coated.
- Dot the butter all over the filling, and add the topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes, or until crust is slightly brown and filling mixture is bubbling.
- Serve warm!
Makes 12 servings.
Check out our favorite Peach Cobbler recipe too!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.