May is CRAZY! School ends here in less than 2 weeks and it seems like we are involved in non-stop programs and activities. My baby is graduating from Pre-School (which is sad…but not too sad. She missed the school deadline so she will be back in Pre-School next year. Which means I get one more year before I have to send her off to school with the big kids…sniff!)
For her graduation I signed up to bring some treats. I dug through my old recipes and decided to whip up some Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats also known as Scotcheroos. These are so yummy. They also have Butterscotch and Chocolate in them!
It is a good thing I gave most of them away. These things are not good for you at all…but then again…they are TREATS!
Want the recipe? I thought you might.
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
3/4 bag of Butterscotch Chips
6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Melt the sugar, Karo Syrup, Peanut Butter and Butterscotch Chips in a large sauce pan on Medium heat on the stove top.
2. When the mixture is smooth and creamy, remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies. Stir so that they are all evenly covered.
3. Spread the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
4. Immediately pour the Chocolate Chips and spread out evenly on the top of the Rice Krispie mixture. Let the chocolate chips melt due to the heat from the mixture. Take a rubber spatula and spread the melted chocolate over the entire top.
5. Pop into the fridge to let the chocolate harden and set up before serving.
Click on the link to print/download the recipe…
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.