Have you ever had a piece of New York Cheesecake? We have a delicious New York Cheesecake Recipe to share with you today! It is easier to make than you might think! Try our New York Style Cheesecake today!
I personally am not a huge fan of Cheesecake…are you? I can only eat one or two bites before I have to stop. It tastes good but is a little too rich for my tastes. My boys (including my hubs) on the other hand could eat a whole cheesecake all by themselves. I recently made this New York Cheesecake Recipe for my son’s birthday…
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE RECIPE
This New York Cheesecake Recipe was a hit. I stole a couple bites of my husband’s piece and that was good enough for me, but the rest of the family managed to gobble it up without any trouble. As you know, cheesecake is a high calorie dessert, so this is one that we save and make only on those rare occasions!
I added this chocolate sauce to the New York Cheesecake because…well…why not? You can’t go wrong with some extra chocolate sauce. And we were well beyond the calorie intake at this point :). Just limit yourself to one small piece and make sure to eat well for several days to make up for it…haha!
If you are not a fan of chocolate sauce, simply leave it off. Or make a delicious raspberry sauce to drizzle over your New York Cheesecake. This is another delicious way to serve it.
You will need a springform pan to make this cheesecake. It will fill the entire pan so be sure you have a tall one.
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites
- Candy Cane Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Have You Ever Had A Piece Of New York Cheesecake? We Have A Delicious New York Cheesecake Recipe To Share With You Today! It Is Easier To Make Than You Might Think! Try Our New York Style Cheesecake Today!
- 15 graham crackers crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE
- Before preheating the oven, arrange the oven racks so that the cheesecake will bake in the center of the oven.
- Preheat oven for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the springform pan to help prevent the filling from cracking when the cheesecake cools. It will naturally pull away from the sides.
- For best results, use regular cream cheese and sour cream, unless a recipe specifically calls for reduced-fat or fat-free products.
- To avoid lumps, always soften cream cheese to room temperature for about 30 minutes before mixing. If the cream cheese is not softened before mixing, the cream cheese won’t be smoothed after blending and will be lumpy.
- Make sure the batter is completely smooth and free of lumps before adding eggs. Add the eggs all at once and beat on low speed just until blended. Avoid overbeating at this step. If too much air is beaten into the mixture, the cheesecake will puff during baking, then collapse and split when cooled.
Like this recipe? Pin it for later! Thanks!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.