The Fourth of July is right around the corner will you be celebrating it at your home with friends? Check out this simple, easy to make DIY Flag Table Runner! It can be made with a few items purchased from your local Lowe’s store. With the great selection of P&G products you can find at Lowe’s, you are armed with the support and guidance you need to guide you to create a unique DIY project and make you LOVE where you live. So when you’re ready to start your next great home improvement project, know that P&G and Lowe’s will be there to help you Bring Home the Gold!
When the Fourth of July Holiday is over, no need to put this table runner away. Keep it out for some Olympic Games Spirit! We love watching the Olympic Games at our house…do you? We are looking forward to enjoying the Rio 2016 Olympic Games with our friends and family this year! Use this fun table runner as a backdrop to your Olympic Games watching fun!
Now, let’s get started. You will need the following materials to make your DIY Flag Table Runner.
Canvas Paint Cloth
Spray Paint in Red and Blue
Star Stickers (or vinyl stars)
- Lay out your canvas Painter’s Cloth so that it is lengthwise.
- Determine how long you want your table runner to be so that you have some hanging over both ends of your table. This will vary depending on how big your table is and your preference for length.
- Draw a line when you determine how long you want it to be with a pencil so you will know where to stop painting your stripes.
- Lay a strip of painter’s tape so that it lines up along one edge of your cloth with the tape running lengthwise.
- Continue laying a strip of painter’s tape so that it runs right along the edge of your first tape line.
- Continue until you have you have laid down 12 strips of tape.
- For the blue stars section of the flag measure down the length of the first stripe about 18-22 inches (depending on how long your table runner is) and the width of 7 strips of tape.
- Draw a line that runs across the 7 stripes and cut the tape. Pull up the tape so that it uncovers the paint canvas where the blue and the stars will be.
- Evenly space your stars onto the canvas and be sure they are on the canvas well.
- Paint this section blue.
- Carefully remove the star stickers before paint is fully dry. Then let the paint dry completely.
- When the blue paint has dried, pull up every other strip of tape starting with the very first stripe.
- You will paint that first stripe and every other stripe red.
- Before the paint dries completely, carefully pull up the tape.
- Let dry completely.
- Iron if needed (be sure to place an old towel between your iron and the painted canvas).
That is all there is too it! It is a great project that anyone can do!
Like an Olympian, your passion and pride drive you. Every DIY project you do requires hard work and determination, and each finished project is your own personal gold medal triumph. Thankfully, this is not a journey you have to take alone!
As an avid DIY’er, you know that creating a gold medal worthy project goes well beyond the pieces of wood, brackets and paint color you pick out. A not so glamorous, but extremely important part of the process is cleaning and Lowe’s has everything you need to create a gold medal worthy project – from start to finish!
And that is not all…I get to give one of you a fun prize pack so you can create your own gold medal worthy project with Lowes and P&G!
The prize pack contains the following:
To enter, simply follow the directions below:
Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (MST) on Monday, July 11, 2016. Must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the USA to enter. This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Pinterest. Facebook and Pinterest will be completely released by each entrant. One entry per person. Entry includes filling out the Rafflecopter form above. Winner will be chosen using random.org. and will be notified via email within 24 hours of the giveaway closing time. Winners will be announced on the post, not on Facebook. The winners must respond within 24 hours of receiving the email or a new winner will be chosen. No purchase necessary.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Procter & Gamble/Lowe’s. The opinions and text are all mine.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.