Sharing our favorite gift guides to help you find the perfect gift ideas. We hope this will be helpful to you whether you are shopping for a friend or for yourself!
Are you looking for the perfect makeup products that really work? I have tried and tested these for the past several years and have narrowed down my favorite makeup products to this list. I will continue to add to it as I find new products that I end up loving. I hope that you are able to use this list to help you find products that you will love too or that you will be able to gift to others.
MY FAVORITE MAKEUP PRODUCTS
Now I want to share my favorite makeup products. I kind of think it’s a little funny and a bit ironic that I am posting about makeup. I used to never wear any except for a little bit of mascara and sometimes blush. I didn’t really want to fuss with it at all. I just didn’t think I was a makeup girl. Then as I got older and had little girls, I got more interested in wearing it. I still have a lot of days where I don’t wear much makeup, but sometimes it is fun to get all dressed up. When I do wear makeup, these are my favorite makeup and beauty products.
- Nars blush: This blush is a great blush for most skin colors. Goes on smoothly and lasts all day.
- Mac pro paint pot eyelid primer (in ochre): Have trouble with your eyeshadow staying on all day? This primer provides a solid foundation so that it stays on all day without melting off or getting greasy looking.
- Urban Decay Lipstick (Rush): I love Urban Decay lipsticks. Leave lips feeling moisturized and a nice creamy texture.
- Urban Decay makeup setting spray: This makes your face makeup stay on all day. Leaves your face feeling fresh without being sticky.
- Urban Decay eyeshadow palette: Love this eyeshadow palette. Lots of colors to range from daytime to makeup to evening. Eyeshadow stays on well and wears well.
- Smashbox photo finish primer: This leaves your skin smooth and soft and sets a nice foundation for your makeup to go on smoothly.
- Anastasia contour cream palette: Love these colors to contour your face. They go on smooth and blend into your skin well. Use a Maskara brush linked below for applying it smoothly.
- Anastasia clear brow gel: I use this on my eyebrows (I have been blessed with lots of eyebrow) and this clear gel goes over the finished brow after using the brow pencil below. Sets them in place and it lasts all day.
- Charlotte Tillbury lipstick (Kim K.W.): I LOVE a great nude lip. This is my favorite nude lip and looks great on most skin tones without leaving you feeling washed out.
- Becca under eye brightener: Brightens even the darkest under eye circles under your foundation.
- Anastasia brow definer: I love this brow pencil definer. Use it in short strokes to fill in brows for a natural look. Finish with the clear brow gel above to set them to last all day.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express mascara (very black): I have tried many mascaras. I love the way the brush applies the mascara on this one. No clumps and leaves them long and smooth. Adds volume too. I love that this doesn’t end up smeared under my eyes after a few hours of wear too. I use both the waterproof and regular depending on what I am doing that day.
- Laneige lip mask: I use this all the time…not just at night. Perfect for leaving lips feelings soft, smooth and moisturized. I have a couple so I always have one on hand in our dry climate.
- Urban Decay eyeshadow (Half Baked): Love this eyeshadow. Love to use it as the main shadow on my lid or as a highlight in the corners of the inner eye.
- Maskara brush: This brush is so great for blending your contouring cream or as a detail brush.
- Foundation brush: I love this brush for blending foundation into your face to set a base for your makeup application.
- Loreal lipstick (Shining Peach): Love this lipstick. Great price and this is my favorite color of their series. A nice soft pinky peach.
- Shine Foundation (Courage): Love their foundation. Goes on easily and blends easily. Doesn’t smudge off or get on your clothes.
- Ulta blush brush: Love the angle on this blush for a great application.
- Mac eyeshadow brush: Great brush for applying eyeshadow.
- Nars Lipstick (Dolce Vita)
There are so many makeup products out there and it can be overwhelming to sift through all the choices. After some experimentation, these are the products that have proven to give me the best results over the years. They are the ones I always end up coming back to!
What are your favorite products? Do we share some of the same? What products would you add to the list? I always love checking new products out and would love to know what works for you!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.