Peanut Butter Cup Sheet Cake Recipe
A delicious Peanut Butter Cup Sheet Cake Recipe made with peanut butter instead of chocolate! Wonderfully moist with a delicious peanut butter frosting!
Hello Idea Roomies! This is Laura from Pink Cake Plate and I am so excited to be sharing one of my favorite recipes with you today! I love being a part of the Idea Room Summer Series! This Peanut Butter Cup Sheet Cake is one you will want to make again and again! I promise!
Summer is here and that means parties, picnics and BBQ’s. With all these amazing and fun events it means good food, great friends and a lot of fun. It also means delicious and easy treats. This Peanut Butter Cup Sheet Cake is perfect for you next get together!
This recipe will feed a crowd and its so good! The quintessential “guy” flavor profile this cake combines chocolate and peanut butter! The cake is moist and delicious, the frosting is full of peanut butter flavor and is a fudge like layer on top of the cake. Then to top it all off chopped mini peanut butter cups.
This cake is perfect for all you gatherings because it is HUGE! I used my favorite 18″x13″ sheet pan which means this cake will feed a crowd for sure!
Peanut Butter Cup Sheet Cake
2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup water
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
12 mini peanut butter cups chopped
- Mix sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine water, cocoa powder, and butter in heavy sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, pour over dry ingredients, mix together until just combined.
- Add buttermilk,vanilla and eggs. Blend well. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared 18″x13″ sheet pan that has been greased and floured or use cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minuets or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- In a medium sauce pan heat milk, peanut butter and butter until bubbly.
- Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time, add vanilla mix until smooth.
- Pour over warm cake and spread evenly over the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups over the frosting.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
If you like this recipe you might enjoy these too!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!