Nothing like a last second project…*ahem*!! I was hoping to get around to our teacher gifts EARLIER, but such is life sometimes. I whipped these up the night before the last day of school! But they did get done. I was hoping to get them earlier so I could share them with you all in case some of you might want to make some homemade teacher gifts.
Hopefully some of you still have kids with a few days of school left. Or you can always use this later for the next school year.
I have made several versions of these and my kids teachers always seem really appreciative to receive them. Apparently they go through a lot of hand sanitizer in the schools.
I usually send mine along with a gift card to the movies or a restaurant.
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
These are so easy to make and literally took me less than an hour to put all together. Best part? The Hand Sanitizer is a super inexpensive bottle from the dollar store.
Here is how to make them:
1. Buy Hand Sanitizer in clear bottles. Or buy empty containers (Container Store is a great source) and fill with Hand Sanitizer from a big refill bottle.
2. Remove store labels if needed. Goo Gone works great for me to remove any leftover glue residue.
3. Print the downloadable Teacher Hand Sanitizer PDF onto some clear Transparency Film. **You will need to use a laser printer or copier otherwise the ink will fall off and run in the sanitizer. A copy center can print it for you for a small charge and has transparency paper.
4. Cut out the insert. Roll it backwards and insert it into the top of the bottle.
5. Use the stem of the pump to push the label into place in the front inside of the bottle. The Hand Sanitizer will keep it sitting in the correct position.
6. Attach a hand written note from your child and/or your favorite gift card.
You can download the Teacher Hand Sanitizer PDF here:
So happy to have this be the LAST “homework” assignment/project of the school year!! Bring on SUMMER!!
Here are some of my older versions of this gift idea for those who may be interested:
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.