Decorative "Snow Ball" Men

I like Snowmen…Can you tell?

I made some Snow Ball Men to add a touch of winter to my home decor. I simply took some left-over styrofoam balls and painted them white with some acrylic paint.

Then, I waited (not very patiently) for them to dry. I punched some holes in black cardstock and glued them on for the eyes and mouth with my E6000 glue.

I then cut a small triangle out of orange paper and rolled it up to make his carrot nose. I snipped off the bigger end so that it was flat and then glued it on his face with E6000 glue as well.

I sprayed him with Elmer’s spray glue and added a bit of glitter to give him a little sparkle. I placed some in the kitchen table centerpiece and in a couple of apothecary jars in various rooms.

Linking up here:

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1

Adorable! I love it!

2. 2
    Julie Harward says:

I LOVE SNOWMEN…and these guys are SO cute! How did you get such a clever brain?! The things you come up with are always so fun!!! Hope you have had a good day..come say hi when you can :D

3. 3
    Lynn from For Love or Funny says:

I'm crazy for snow men, too! I love this idea!

4. 4

These are simply the cutest ever!!! I decorate in January with snowmen. I want to include these in my decorations next year!

5. 5

It's sad to see winter go because the snowmen have to leave too! Very fun and cute project!

6. 6

I was thinking I wouldn't like another snowman project because I am already looking for Spring.. but the way you displayed these was so cute! Love them. Kandi

7. 7
    she wears flowers says:

These are so cute! I am pretty tired of snow this year–we've had a lot. But, I am definitely filing it away for next year–thanks!

8. 8
    Amy@OCD: Obsessive Creative Disorder says:

that's so stinkin cute!!! I love them!

9. 9

I'm crazy for snow men, too! I love this idea!
    Web hosting india

10. 10
    Crystal Hendrix says:

Very nice! I love the saying too!

11. 11

Ohhh! These are soooo cute! The snowmen in the jar- GREAT IDEA! Love it!

12. 12

How do you keep your two year old out of your kitchen table centerpiece!?! They look very nice.

13. 13
    funplayroom says:

I love it!!! SO cute!!!

14. 14

oh those are too cute.

15. 15

These are soooo cute! Love them!

16. 16

Great idea! Too cute! I love them in the apothecary jars, I'm always thinking of new things to put in mine and that's a great winter suggestion. Thanks :)

17. 17

These are so cute. Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm always looking for new projects and this looks like a fun one!

18. 18

Such a cute idea! I think I will have to try it with my Twin Men!

19. 19
    [email protected] says:

Those are so cute! I love them all piled up in that jar. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

20. 20

Thanks! I know…Wishing for Spring here too.

My two year old is pretty good at not getting in my decorations. It is the food pantry and my make-up she can't leave alone. My eyeshadow and blush is riddled with finger nail scratches! Oh…and she loves to rub my lotion in her hair when I forget to put it back in the locked cabinet!

21. 21

Dang those are cute! Do your good ideas EVER end?

22. 22

I had this saved & couldn't help but smile when I came across it again! LOVE it! I'll be linking you on my blog today – Pink Little Notebook.

Thanks SO much for sharing!!!

1. [...] Paint styrofoam balls white and glue on easy features to make clever snow ball men. [...]

2. […] DIY styrofoam snowmen balls  {The Idea Room} […]