More Valentine’s Day Treats

Valentine's-Day-Treats

Here are just some more fun Valentine’s Day treats you can whip up quickly for those special loved ones. Above are the chocolate chip icecream sandwiches I made up for our Family Home Evening on Monday night this week. (For those of you who have not heard of Family Home Evening, it is a weekly routine for members of my church to set aside Monday nights (or a night that works for your family) to have a spiritual lesson and an activity/game/outing as a family.

I have recently cut myself off from all desserts for a race I have started training for…YIKES! So I had a few carrots while my family enjoyed those beauties :(!

Valentine-Treats

Then, for the superbowl, I made some chocolate pretzels using Hershey’s heart shaped chocolates and pretzels. I unwrapped each chocolate and placed them on a pretzel. Placed them in the oven that was heated to 350 degrees. I watched them very closely till they started to get melty and then immediately removed them from the oven. Then I pressed Valentine M&M’s to top them off and add a bit of color. I did manage to sneak a couple of these!

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1

Yum those look so good and so easy too. Thats my kind of treat…lol

PS I love that your blog has grown so much. You are doing a fabulous job. I remember being one of your first followers :)

2. 2
    Julie Harward says:

Oh Yummy…I have made these but not exactly like this…looks so cute! Come say hi :D

3. 3
    Between You and Me says:

I think those chocolate chip cookies on top are about the best thing I've seen all week! :) And, I don't even know what to say about you eating carrots while your family enjoyed them. Good for you! (I think)

4. 4
    Linda @ My Trendy Tykes says:

Those cookies look pretty darn cute….tasty too!

5. 5

Ohhhh my DELISH! I am off Chocolate for a while too and that is how my FHE's go! I want those cookie sandwich's SOOO BAD!

6. 6
    Beth Priest says:

ok I am def going to make those ice cream sandwiches! I have made a version of the pretzel treats at Christmas using a kiss on top then chrismas m&ms. I think I will make some like these for valentines day! So excited!

7. 7
    -nick and whitley- says:

can you give us the recipe for those chocolate chip cookies?!! they look fantastic!

8. 8

These both look great. I've never seen heart pretzels, where can you find those at?

9. 9
    Tom and Audrie says:

I think I gained 5 lbs drooling over them! I love your site, thanks for sharing all your great ideas!

10. 10

I should specify that I don't eat treats lately, but I still eat a small piece of chocolate every once in a while. Totally necessary for my survival! Thanks everyone and Letti too! You have been a loyal follower :)!

11. 11
    Rainy Day Farm says:

Those look so yummy. I don't know how you stay out of those! Yummy!

12. 12

Mmmm, those look yummy, and so simple! :)

13. 13
    Lacie @ Creative Attempts says:

I am so into all these easy yummy treats that come out of hiding at this time of the year

14. 14

Missy–I thought the pretzels looked like hearts too, but they are just regular pretzels. I believe they are the Rold Gold brand.

15. 15
    Scrappy Gifts says:

mmmm…yummy! I'll have to try those, especially the pretzels. I love salty and sweet together along with crunchy and smooth

16. 16

DROOLING! (it all looks so good)

17. 17

OH WOW!!! These look so amazing! I think Im going to make these this weekend for valentines day!! They look so yummy! I really like the ice cream sandwiches-one of my favorite treats! thanks for the ideas!!!

18. 18

What kind of pretzels did u use round

19. 19

I’ve made these before with a caramel chocolates and a pecan on top. Tastes like a turtle candy. I must try these for the seniors I work with — they love chocolate. Thanks for sharing!