Lemon Ice

Lemon-Slushie

Many of you are already aware of my LOvE of all things icy and lemony. Remember this post for frozen lemonade? Well, I have been wanting to make lemon ice for a while and on a particulary HOT summer day recently the kids and I finally made some. We used this recipe from Woman’s Day.

It is SO easy! We cut some lemons near the top so that we could fill each lemon with as much lemon ice as possible. Then on the bottom of the lemon (where it will sit on the table) cut off a tiny bit so that the bottom of the lemon is flat. But not too much or you will make a hole in the bottom where your precious lemon ice may escape.

Photobucket

Then squeeze all the lemon juice out of your lemons and set aside the juice for later use. Then we used a spoon to scrape out the insides of the lemons. For the extra stubborn pulp we used our lemon zester and it worked like a charm. This is a great job for the kids to help out with.

Make-Your-Own-Lemon-Slushie

Then simply follow this easy recipe to make the lemon ice.

*Recipe from Woman’s Day
3 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice (we used 3/4 cup lemon juice)
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest

1. Mix water and sugar in a 2-qt saucepan; bring to boil over high heat. Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.

2. Pour into a 13 x 9-in. baking pan. Freeze 1 hour; stir. Cover; freeze 2 hours or overnight until firm.

3. Take your prepared lemon “cups” and then fill them with the frozen lemon ice.

Lemon-Slushie-Recipe

Then ENJOY! Aren’t they so pretty? These would be great for a shower or party treat because they can be prepared beforehand and are so easy.

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1
    Infarrantly Creative says:

I second your love of lemony frozen confections. Those look DEEEEVINE! I want to come over and let our kiddos play together and sip some of this sweet stuff on your back porch. Sound good?

2. 2

Amazing! I love this!

3. 3
    Tara@JustDevineStyle says:

These look great! They would be so neat at a party too. My new fav is Lemon-Limeaide with mint! SOOO good!

4. 4
    {:miss v:} says:

Okay…those look delicious! I'm totally going to make those!

5. 5
    Ryan and Jannali says:

This treat looks AMAZING! I can't wait to make it, thanks for posting it!
    I am in LOVE with your blog, love the ideas you have and posting others you have found.

6. 6

First, they are gorgeous! And second…YUM!

7. 7
    Cap Creations says:

I want one!!!!!!!!!

8. 8
    Karin van D. says:

Oh, that looks delicious! Definitely something I want to try one of these hot and humid days.

9. 9
    Kayleen says:

Hey Amy,

I am new to blogging and I am not sure exactly the right procedure, but I put a link to you on my blog because I tried one of your crafts and I wanted to give you credit for the wonderful idea. http://happytobe-the6ofus.blogspot.com/search/label/Crafting%20gone%20bad
    Thanks for your inspiration! Love the Lemon Ice too.

10. 10
    Country Mouse says:

Looks so yummy!!! Makes my cheeks pucker..just looking at it!! Yum!

11. 11
    1 Funky Woman says:

I so love this idea and they look adorable! I'm so writing down this recipe!

12. 12

What a great summer treat!

13. 13
    Marcie Fowler says:

Love this idea! Can't wait to try this on my next guests! What a refreshing summer treat!

14. 14
    Amanda K @ Every Crafty Endeavor says:

What a fun summer treat! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it out!

15. 15
    Stephanie says:

how cool and fancy-schmancy!! looks so great for these hot days!

16. 16
    abigail @ Paper & Cake says:
  17. 17
    Brandy @ Gluesticks says:

Oh my goodness! I LOVE all things lemony! Adding lemons to my shopping list right now!!

18. 18
    Kingston girl says:

I am now going to the store to grab all the things to make these. I love it! Have a wonderful day in the sun!! :)

19. 19

i do this with canned grapefruit! Only I do equal parts water and sugar, then add a can of grapefruit. It's one of my favorite treats.

20. 20
    Atticelf says:

I had forgotten about lemon ice (we have had a serious deficit of warm weather in the Pac NW this summer!). Thanks for the reminder!

21. 21
    brown paper packages says:

That sounds SO yummy! I'm also a lover of all things lemony!

22. 22

This sounds so yummy and what beautiful photos…they make my mouth water just looking at them. Amy is it okay that I linked up to your photo and put it on Pinterest? I gave you credit on Pinterest. If not please let me know and I will take it down right away.

Thank you!
    Lee Ann

23. 23

This looks amazing! And since the warm weather has already arrived, I may have to try this soon…

Thank you!

24. 24

I was wondering how many lemons do you use for the whole recipe? Can’t wait to try it. Just need to go get the lemons. :D

25. 25

Oh yum, such a great idea- looks delicious and makes me long for summer!