Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

*December 13, 2012 Update: I have had many of you wanting the labels to download…Great News! They are now available and you can get them by clicking on this link:

Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Labels

You will notice that you have to Like my Face Book page to get it.  This is now where I will be placing all my free downloads so that they are free and accessible to my fans.  I LOVE to share with my fans but am getting tired of some people sharing my stuff all over the internet or on their own sites, without linking back or mentioning the true source of my content.

As always I really appreciate the loyalty of my fans!  Hope you can use these!  And I always love seeing your finished items if you get a sec to send me a note or an email!

Sugar-Scrub-recipe

Guess what? I have another version of some sugar scrubs for you today.  I LOVE these!  And they make the perfect homemade gift.  Last week I shared with you a Thanksgiving version…Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub Recipe.  This time I wanted something that was Christmas in a Jar!  So what could be better than a Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub.

Sugar-Scrub-recipe

Sugar Scrubs are a great way to add some moisture and soften up winter-dry skin.  And who doesn’t need that this time of year.  It is also a great way to relax during this crazy busy season.

Candy-Cane-Sugar-Scrub-04

I simply took two cups of white granulated Sugar and mixed in a 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup Almond Oil (Coconut Oil will work too).  Add the oil slowly till you have a nice soft consistency that is soft but not too oily.  Then add a few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil.

Candy-Cane-Sugar-Scrub-08

Once you have it all mixed together you will want to divide the scrub into two equal parts and in separate containers.  You will need to add some color to one of the containers.  You can use a little bit of food coloring OR you can add some raspberry juice like I did.  I simply took a couple of drops of juice from a bag of frozen raspberries…the perfect organic red colorant.

Candy-Cane-Sugar-Scrub-10

Make a large funnel out of a piece of paper (a small one will not allow enough room for the sugar scrub to pass through it) and add a small amount into the jar.  Press the sugar down lightly so that the sugar is even.

Candy-Cane-Sugar-Scrub-12

Then add a white layer so that they are about the same height and flatten it.  Continue back and forth with as many layers and as thick or thin a layer you would like.  So pretty right?

sugar-scrubs

Print out a pretty label and add some fun scrapbook paper or bow and you have the perfect hostess or Holiday gift!

sugar-scrubs

You can buy Peppermint Essential Oils from my favorite DoTerra Rep here: Peppermint Essential Oil

Julie Crowell is so helpful and is happy to answer any questions you may have.  Her contact information is on her site or you can email her at [email protected]

Other Idea Room Sugar Scrubs/Bath Salts you might be interested in checking out:

Frankincense Sugar Scrub

Myrrh Bath Salts

Homemade Bath Salts Recipe

Chocolate Sugar Scrub

Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Foot Scrub

Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Lemon Sugar Scrub

Brown Sugar Scrub

Citrus Bliss Sugar Scrub Cubes

<class=”pin-it-button” count-layout=”horizontal”> Pin It

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1

Brilliant! Now please share where you came up with those delicious looking jars!!

• 2

Ha! Thanks Beth! I have collected a few of the empty StarBucks Frappucino Drinks from my friend. They are the Jars the drink comes in! Aren’t they so cute. I use them as my milk jars that you may have seen in some of my photos and have done a few other projects with them. They are the perfect size and shape!! http://www.theidearoom.net/2011/04/diy-labeled-bathroom-jars.html http://www.theidearoom.net/2012/04/mississippi-mud-brownies.html

• 3

That’s brilliant! So cute. I was wondering where you found them too, and I can’t believe I didn’t recognize the bottles!

• 4

I was actually thinking what bottles to use and realised my Starbucks frappucino bottles looked similar and would be perfect. I rarely buy expensive drinks but they were half price and we kept the bottles. I think my mum took them though and it’s her I’d be making this for. :S

Maybe I’ll ask for one back and she can reuse it after she finishes the scrub!

So weird about it being the exact same bottles.

• 5

I made a sugar scrub once before, not of your recipe, and within a short time it had turned rancid so I had to throw it out. I did thoroughly enjoy it and it did make my skin feel very soft. Anyway to keep this from happening?

• 7
        Kristen Hurley says:

I bought coconut oil for this scrub because the store did not have almond oil. I opened the jar and it is like solid wax. How can I use it for this scrub? I thought if i heated it then it would liquify, but then it would just solidify again at room temperature. Suggestions?

• 8

Heating it should melt it enough to mix everything together. When it’s all mixed and in the jar, it’s very easy to scoop out some to use. (I received this as a gift this Christmas and I’ve used it every day since!)

• 9

How much does it make?

• 10

Where do u get the bottles?? I’m looking everywhere and don’t find them.
        Thanx. … wendy

• 11

This is a beautiful idea, but how do you use the scrub?

• 12

Using the scrub is super easy! You can take it into the shower or bath with you. Use it like you would with other exfoliating techniques- apply in circular motions to areas of the body that you want to remove dead skin cells. Doing this will also help improve circulation, especially with peppermint added it. I love using peppermint scrubs on my feet and then putting them into a hot foot bath. It is invigorating.

• 16

Not sure about hers, but you can buy the Starbucks cold coffee bottles that come in these exact shapes and size, enjoy them and then use to hold this scrub!

• 17

I think they look like the cold starbucks frapachino drinks, anyway I have been saving those jars and they look the same. I plan to make some for Christmas gifts. I am also going to make this up in small amounts using baby food jars, for a Bridal shower gift. Just as a small thank you for coming. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity with all of us :)

• 18

You are right about the jars! Thanks so much for the great comment. Giving away small jars of it sounds like a great idea!

• 19

They’re Starbucks Frapuccino jars

• 20

When I did this I used little Starbucks jars, you know the ones that you drink out of? They work perfect and are the perfect size! I also tried mason jars, they worked just as well. The only difference is the mason jar allows you to add more of the scrub! I absolutely LOVE this scrub, it makes a perfect gift for literally anyone!

2. 21

That looks so pretty! I can’t wait to try out this project. Thanks for sharing. :)

Megan

3. 24

I love this Amy!
    Thank you for sharing it… I am pinning.

4. 26

What a fun gift idea! I look forward to making some of this – for myself and others. :-) I’ve been trying to think of a fun homemade gift for some of my neighbors and this looks like it might just be the thing. Thanks so much for sharing!

5. 27

This is lovely Amy!! Can you please share a pdf of the label you used on the jar?

6. 28

These are so cute! Would you be able to share the fun label on the front?

7. 29

Great idea! I’m doing the foot scrub as well! Love the raspberry for color! ~Lisa

8. 30

What a cute idea. I will have to make some of these. I just got some almond oil yesterday.
    Cheri

9. 31

Hello! I’ve made your sugar scrubs in the past and am anxious to try this latest version. I wondered what type of essential oils you used? I want to make certain I use one that is tried and true. Thank you. :)

10. 32

These look really pretty but my question is what is a sugar scrub what do you do with it?

• 33

A sugar scrub can and is usually used to scrub the skin with. I use mine in the shower or just on my hands and feet. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and it smells amazing!

11. 34

I just made this following your recipe. It turned out great, I used a little less oil, and vanilla essance as I had no peppermint. Luv you tags!

12. 37
    Funboysgirl says:

Love love love this idea!!!
    Just curious, should it be refrigerated?? How long would it stay good for?

• 38

I think it will be fine if it is NOT refrigerated. My best guess is that it will last a couple of months in a well sealed container if you take care to not introduce bacteria off of dirty hands when scooping some out.

13. 39

Where do you buy your almond or coconut oil? Do you recommend a specific brand?

• 40

I just buy mine at my local grocery store. I have purchased Coconut Oil in the bigger bottles (you see in the pic above) at Wal-Mart. Whole foods and health stores may carry them as well. I do not really have a certain brand that I love.

14. 41

This is so pretty. I am determined to make some sugar scrubs for presents this year. Oh, and the jar idea is perfect, thanks for sharing.

15. 42

love this idea! i love anything peppermint. so festive!

16. 43

I love this idea and I am totally using it for Christmas presents this year! Would baby oil work in place of coconut or almond oil? And where is a cheap place to get essential oil fragrances? Thanks for this great idea!

17. 48

These look great! I was just wondering how long they last?

18. 50

Wow! I am definitely making this and handing it out to my friends and neighbors! What a great gift idea!

19. 51

I’ve been wanting to do something like this for my sisters in law. Wait, let’s clarify. What I had in mind was not nearly so beautiful. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

20. 52

These are so adorable! Would you be able to share the label file? I could never create anything that CUTE! Thanks for sharing this!

21. 53

Like everyone else, I’m begging you to share the file for the label too. I’m making a basket of goodies for my boys’ teachers for Christmas and there is no way any label I make would look as good as yours!

Thanks so much for posting this awesome idea!!!

22. 54

This will be perfect for a beginner like me! Thanks!!!

23. 56

Is the white sugar loose or us it mixed w the oil as well? Thanx.

24. 58

Thanks for giving these beauty scrubs for free… Other people are charging for the same recipes…

• 59

Honestly, these are so simple to make. All you need is your imagination. Mix sugar and oil and then your favorite essential oils or spices and you should be able to come up with any combination!

25. 60

I love this! What a great gift idea, thanks for sharing it.

26. 61
    Sarah Swenson says:

Thanks for sharing! Mind if I ask where you got the jars?

• 62

The jars are simply recycled Starbucks Frappucino bottles. My friend gives them to my when her drinks are gone :) Aren’t they fun? I like to use them to drink milk out of too when the kids have a snack or a cookie!

27. 63

Can you please post or email the PDF for the label you used? I really like your label, normally I would stamp my own, any ideas for that?

28. 64

Several posters have asked for your labels, and also other questions regard shelf life, and info on essential oils. Where have you gone? Any reason for not answering these valid questions? Just curious!

29. 66

As for those of you who have asked for labels…I am working on it. I have lots of trouble recently with other people just taking the link to my free downloads and then re-posting it on their own sites. This has been very frustrating for me and I am working on a solution. If you have followed me for a while you should know that I don’t mind sharing and am working on finding a good solution.

• 67
      jacquie morency says:

hey! what program do you use to make labels??

your website is fab! Happy Holidays

• 68

I usually use Photoshop elements or the Silhouette Cameo program and then print them out. thanks so much!

• 69

How do you get the label to stick on the bottles? Do you use some sort of special sticky paper or regular printing paper? I highly doubt its the latter since its not waterproof. Thx xx!

• 70

I actually do just use regular card stock paper and glue it on with a glue stick. You can print it on a laser printer so it will not run if it gets moisture on it!

30. 71

do you find the coloring stains the skin at all?

• 72

Yes, it can if you use too much. That is why if you do add coloring just add a tiny little bit and then you will not have trouble!

31. 73

Amy, thank you for your reply. Just glad you’re back! :-) I hope you and your family have a bountiful Thanksgiving!!

32. 74

Thank you for the wonderful idea!!! I am going to make this as a gift for the parent helpers in my classroom. This is an easy, not-too-expensive thing that I can give to “my mom’s” that shows my appreciation for their help.

Amy

33. 75

Thanks for this post! I am so excited to make this for little gifts to pass out!

34. 76

Can you find this granulated sugar at any store? It doesn’t look super fine & I was wondering if you used a specific brand! Thanks !!

35. 77

Could you use peppermint extract instead of the essential oil?

36. 79

Would I need to melt the Coconut oil down before I try to make any scrub?

37. 80

I lovee this! They are super cute. I already made a few. Thanks for sharing :D

38. 81

Hello there,
    I love this idea and am planning on making this.. Can you post or send me a printable for the cute label?

thanks,
    Lindsey

39. 82

Can you tell me where I can print of labels? Thanks!

40. 83

Just made this and used a coffee grinder to grind up candy canes to add to the recipe- it made the scrub a perfect pink, added peppermint smell, and it now has little chunks of candy cane that up the wow factor! I def recommend adding the candy canes. Thanks for the recipe!

41. 85

Oh I LOVE LOVE this, wondering if you can email me your thing as well for the labels and than I was wondering do you have any home made bath salts or something like this you can put in a bath, or can these go in a bath? Thanks

Bri

42. 86

does the food coloring or the rasberry juice stain the skin?

43. 87

I too, like everyone else, am wondering if you can email a link or post a link for the cute labels :) I’d love to have the labels to use for some Christmas gifts I am making. :)

44. 88

Love this!! I love using the frapp bottles as well, as I drink them daily. I love to recycle! I was wondering what you use to get the label sticky off? I’ve used everything – as I feel – and it’s still such a tedious task. Any ideas or pointers would be much appreciated!

• 89

I am used a product called Goo-gone and it took all of the sticky adhesive off from the frappe bottles, followed up with a good washing with some dishwashing liquid.

• 90

I let them soak in hot soapy water and use the metal dish scrubbers to get it all

• 91

Peanut Butter! I know it sounds crazy, but it works amazingly well. Just put a thin layer of peanut butter over the sticky residue and then wipe with a paper towel. Little circles worked best for me. It came off SO easily, it was no work at all!!!

45. 92

Amy,
    I was wondering where you got the labels or had them made? THanks

Jessica

46. 93
    June Reed says:

I am making this for gifts this Christmas, it looks so pretty!!!

47. 94

So pretty and what a great gift! Your pictures came out great :)

48. 95

I made this with red food coloring, which the red tinted my hands. I would omit the red and jsut add the oils for the smell. I also purchased lilac, which smells awesome. Thanks for teh great idea.

49. 96

Will sunflower oil work??? I can’t find almond our coconut!!!

50. 98

How many jars will this make?

51. 100

Can I use peppermint extract and do u have to melt down the coconut oil first? Need to make soon. :)

52. 101

Hi Amy! I am loving this scrub for holiday gifts and can’t wait to make it. Was wondering can you email me the lable? It really makes the jar! Also, where can I get the almond or coconut oil from? Thanks so much for sharing such a wondeful idea!

53. 102

I just finished making this. It was super easy! I used peppermint extract because the Walmart in my area does not carry peppermint oil, it still smelled good. I did have to use quite a bit more than a few drops of raspberry juice to get the right color. I even had some left over to use myself(as I made 4jars for gifts). Thanks!!

54. 103

The label WE ARE BEGGING NOW!! This is such a great thing for the kids and me to make for teachers and friends. The label makes it SUPER great as a gift!!

55. 104

The label is super cute, I see a few asking for a pdf of the label. are you able to email or give a link to the label to us?

56. 105

Amy, this looks awesome and a great gift to giveaway during the holidays!

57. 106

I would love the label for this as well! It’s so adorable! Much better than anything I’ve been able to create!

58. 107
    Kristen McGinn says:

Hi! I am thinking about making these for Christmas presents for family… I have a question about the dye… Would it dye their skin? I am very concerned about this happening.
    Please respond. :)

• 108

I mentioned earlier that the dye could stain. So I would omit that if you are worried about it. It will still be pretty white! :)

59. 109

I would LOVE the pdf of the labels too!!! I am excited to make this for gifts!!! Thanks!!

60. 110

I have started making some for Christmas. Would love the PDF for the label. Thanks

61. 111

oh my goodness people make your own label! great idea, christmas pressie this year!

62. 112

I would love to make these but where do I find the.bottles ?

63. 113

Awesome project! TFS

64. 114
    Findleberries says:

Hey Everyone, Just google ” free labels”. More specifically, “kitchen labels”. And there you go. Pick the ones you like! You can choose the color, and the style and print whatever you want!

good luck!

65. 115

i used this label (deep coral color) for the first line i put “merry christmas” 2nd line “peppermint candy cane” and 3rd line “sugar scrub”

66. 116
    colleen burke says:

WHere do u find essential oils???? I want to use peppermint but idk where to even find the oils…HELP!!!

67. 119

How much did this recipe make? I am trying to do gifts and wanted to make sure I had enough for everyone :)

Thanks!

• 120

I was wondering the same thing! I think Amy mentioned earlier that it makes one Frap bottle plus about a quarter cup left over!

68. 121

Hey! I just made a dozen of these!! I used the Starbucks jars which worked perfectly. I tested the scrub on myself and I used raspberry juice for the dye and it didn’t stain. I know some were worried about that but it doesn’t! Thank you for this post!

69. 122

Where do you buy theses essential oils at?

70. 123

Can you use any other oil alternative other than almond or coconut?

71. 124
    Julianne Currin says:

I cant find peppermint oil anywhere can I substitute it for peppermint Excreta

72. 125

Oh my goodness….decisions decisions! I’d LOVE the peppermint candy cane label emailed to e if its not too much trouble. This is the PERFECT gift for all my co-workers! You are AWESOME!

73. 127

That’s so nice of you to share- thanks so much!

74. 128

Thank you so much for the wonderful idea and sharing the tags!

75. 129

Hi Sweetie,

I’m making these for my daughter for Christmas and have a question for you. I know you have to liquify the coconut oil first but does it go solid again after you make this? I want to keep it fairly soft. I know not to put it in the refrigerator and wondered how long it’s safe to use? I would think a couple of months? Feel free to email me!

Thanks!

76. 131

I made two jars of these tonight for gifts! I can’t wait to give them to my friends for Christmas. They turned out beautifully, thank you so much for this fun recipe!

77. 132

Can you use flavoring oils?

78. 133

Hello! I am making these for my friends and family this year! Thank you so much for the idea and recipe! Do you have the labels available for others to use? I would love to make mine look just like yours… And how did you spray paint your lids so nicely… any tips?

[email protected]
    Thanks Carisse

79. 135
    Jill Rummel says:

Thank you for posting the label. I am making this with 6 eleven year old girls tomorrow at our Christmas pinterest party. I had figured something else out for the labels but will now use these. Thank you Thank you!!!

80. 136

Can you finely grind candycanes for the colored layer?

81. 139

I just made two of these for Christmas gifts. I didn’t have any berries to make the coloring, so I kept them white. I have a little left over for myself; I’m going to test it out in the shower first thing in the morning. I am so excited!! Thank you for your wonderful ideas!

82. 140

I made the sugar scrub with ground up candy cane and it looks awesome with the candy cane specs throughout. I got my peppermint oil at Micheal’s arts and crafts where they sell the soap making supplies. Question: my scrub is on the dry with no oil visually present, is that how it is supposed to be? I used coconut oil and melted it down to liquid before mixing with the sugar. I was able to mix with warm water in my hand with the sugar mixture and see the water bead up on my skin due to the oil in the mix. I think it is working the way it is supposed too. I just don’t know if I made it correctly. Should I see any liquid oil in the mix when I open up the jar after after I have bottled it up?

Thank you.

83. 142

Ill bet Amy gets really sick of people asking the SAME questions over and over, obviously without looking through the entire feed to see if someone has already asked it! Also many of these questions could be answered by simply googling it. Get it together people!

• 143

Ha! this made me laugh. I wish I had time to answer them over and over…but I choose to spend it with family. Also I answer many questions in the post to begin with :)

84. 144

this is really nice thanks for sharing.

85. 146

thank you for sharing but where do you get the labels from? the templates not the design

86. 148

Hi!!! So I made the amazing scrub, Thank you.. Thankful for the post of the labels..but I’m having a problem finding the right avery labels..Do you know which ones? I made some with my own label but really love yours..

Thanks
    Jackie

• 149

I did not use Avery labels. Don’t know how that rumor got started. I made my own labels. You can access them at the very top of the post. There is a link to a free download.

87. 151

Hello, Love the sugar scrub, you have a lot of great ideas. There’s one question I haven’t seen on here and that’s where do you get the actual labels? Not what you have on the download, I’m talking about the label to print on, or do you just print on regular paper and glue them on?

• 152

Hi Dena,
      Yes…I do just print the labels on cardstock (white) and then cut them out and glue them on the bottles with a simple glue stick. Works like a charm. Great question.

88. 153
    Amanda Lambert says:

Amy! Thank you for sharing this recipe with all of us! I have tried many different sugar scrub recipes and this one has worked the best!:)

89. 155

Love the bottle idea and using the juice for the color! What a smartie pants! Just asked my local friends on fb to save their bottles for me. The possibilities are endless for these containers. I saw you said that you buy your oils from doTerra representative. Have you checked out Rocky Mountain Oils? They are a good introduction to essential oils since they don’t have representatives and cost is lower. And also great for those on a tight budget like me but still want high quality EOs.

90. 156

Love this idea!! My boyfriend and I are going to do this tomorrow as some extra gifts for some special people. Thanks for sharing this! I pinned it!

91. 157

Hi,I really love your candycane sugar scrub recipe . I’m hoping to make some for my family in the next couple of day but I don’t have a facebook to get to the labels.I’m pretty helpless when it comes to computers.So,if you wouldn’t mind could you email them to me instead .I would be so greatful. :) Thanks

92. 158

This idea was on Ellen! I was so excited when I saw it because I did it for Christmas. Great idea (clearly)!

93. 159

I was so excited to see your recipe for the peppermint foot or hand scrub. I have made 7 batches to giveaway at a girls party this weekend. I do not have a facebook page but do follow you on pinterest. Is there any other place I can print these lovely labels? I will not use them for anything but my personal use on Saturday. Merry Christmas and many Blessings, Jonnie

94. 160

so pretty! i make salts ans sugar scrubs all the time but never though of layering them – too cute!!

95. 161

I made the Peppermint Scrub, for my 2 daughters, 3 sisters and 4 friends, for Christmas. They really LOVED IT! It’s fun and simple to make! I went to the dollar store and bought some generic Salsa…$1.00 each… then… dumped the Salsa. (I would have kept it, had it tasted good) and reused these perfect sized jars. To color the sugar, I bought an inexpensive box of Candy canes and broke them, then pulverized them in my little mini food chopper.. came out a soft Pink. I also added a little Red colored Sugar! it gave the perfect shade of Pink, and the color does not come off, when using the scrub. I also added some Peppermint Oil. I must confess, I used Mineral Oil, because I couldn’t find Almond or Coconut oils. I know Mineral Oil is considered a “drying agent”…. but it worked perfectly as far as mixing and I did suggest to everyone I gave the scrub to, use a hand cream after using the scrub. I can’t wait to try the other scrubs now!

• 162

That is the best idea!!!! I went to the dollar store looking for containers but didn’t think at all about the salsa jars! Thank you for the idea!!!!

96. 163

thank you for sharing this great gift idea. I have two questions, if I’m making a lemon one can i use fresh lemon instead of essential oils or will it go rancid? Where do I purchase almond oil. Some people have used olive oil, does that alter the smell? thanks

97. 164

Hey I was looking at the pumpkin spice scrubs , but don’t see a label for those would love to make some looks delish !

98. 165
    Marlene Kramer says:

Hello, I have two questions:

I make CP soap and have lots of Fragrance Oils, but don’t use Essential Oils in my soap. Can I substitute an FO for the EO?

Have you ever used any Tocopherol (or similar additive) to extend the shelf life of the oil?

Thanks for posting and for your generosity in sharing all that you have.

Marley

• 166

You should be able to substitute them with no problems. I have never used Tocopherol…but I have used a couple drops of Vitamin E which I have heard does act as a bit of a preservative and can extend the life of them as well. It also is great for the skin.

99. 167

Amy,

I love this sugar scrub, so I featured it on my Spa Day at Home blog post of FaveCraftsblog. Feel free to check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/spa-day-at-home. Thanks for the wonderful craft!

Best,

Jaclyn
    Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com

• 168

Thanks so much for the feature and for letting me know about it. I always appreciate it. On my way to check it out!

• 169

If you use a few drops of raspberry juice (or strawberry or whatever) will that affect how long this scrub will last on the counter? I’d love to make this with the two colors but I don’t want it to go rancid. I also saw someone mention they ground up peppermint sticks and I like that idea a lot but would it make it sticky on your hands?

100. 171
    Melissa says:

Thank you so much for all of your great ideas!!! I tried to read the questions…as not to repeat…but I don’t think anyone asked you if such a narrow bottle gave any problems with the scrub coming out? I’ve been making sugar scrubs for a while and store them in airtight glass jars. Sometimes when the coconut oil hardens a bit…it can make the scrub a little harder to get out of the container without scooping with a spoon or knife. Anyone have any creative ideas on what to package with the bottles to help get the scrub out and still look nice?

101. 172

I received this scrub as a gift from one of my students. I LOVED it so much the mom gave me your link. Thanks!!!

102. 173

I received this scrub as a gift from a student. I LOVED it so much that the mom gave me your link. Thanks!!!!

103. 174

I love the packaging ideas for this. One of the most complicated things people find about making their own homemade products is finding something that is practical but also nice-looking.

What a clever solution!

104. 175

I only have pure almond extract. Will that work?

105. 176

What a great idea! Where did you get the jars?

106. 177

Hi, I was going to make this for my friend’s birthday, but wouldn’t the red food colouring stain your skin?

107. 179
    Audrey Key says:

Amy – I came across your peppermint candy cane sugar scrub on Pinterest and can’t wait to try it out. I think it will be great for gifts during this holiday season. I recently became a doTERRA consultant and we have the most beautiful Peppermint Essential Oil so I also thought it might be a wonderful hostess gift or something we could make at a doTERRA class! Thank you for inspiring me this morning and for the sweet labels!

108. 180
    ashley perkins says:

One of my friends is throwing me a baby shower and I thought these scrubs would be great thank you gifts for coming to the baby shower. I’m having a boy so are their any ways I can turn any of these scrubs a blue color to represent a boy. Thanks in advance.

109. 183

Hi! Can I use olive oil instead of almond or coconut oil? Thanks so much for sharing such an amazing idea!! So lovely!

110. 185

The jar I have is for 1/4 of a cup…how could i alter this to fit without excess?

111. 187
    Elizabeth King says:

Hi Amy,
    When I click on the link for the foot scrub label I get a facebook page with nothing on it except the box to click liked & some headings for starting a web page I think it is. Also a box to click for Idea Room – Get free gift. Still nothing for the label. Can you help with that.
    Thanks

112. 188

I have also used green coloring in addition to the red to make a green, red & white color scheme!! Love it and have given many out as gifts. Found my jars at the $ store!!

113. 189
    Jane Donoughue says:

WOW I’m loving these scrumptious scrubs ; ) they are a fab idea for a pampering gift for friends, seen as how funds are really low this year. I’m so so glad I found Pinterest I’m so so addicted, I’ve got so many ideas I want to put in place. I had an accident in work three years ago wich has resulted in four spinal surgery’s so far, and, a major one ilmenant, so I’ve got a lot of time on my hands now and Pinterest has been a life savour. I’m a qualified florist and quite crafty , in a “craft” sense, and miss using my hands and ideas to make things, so much. But now that I have found Pinterest, and all the like minded lovely people, who are kind enough to share their ideas, I can finally see an end to my boardem. So thank you all, and happy pining. ; )

• 190

What a sweet comment. So sorry to hear of your recent health struggles. That has to be so frustrating. Glad you are finding ways to stay busy and are enjoying it! So glad I could help in some small way. Sharing is why I love this so much. Sharing and learning from others helps us all! xo

114. 191

Hi Amy, I’ve tried clicking on the link to get the printable labels for your Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub and it says the page no longer exists. Can you email me the labels? I’ve liked the Facebook page and still can’t find it. Thanks so much!

115. 193

Not sure if this was asked yet.. What did you do to the tops of the bottle that they are white a not normal Starbucks looking?!

116. 195

Hi, can I use this on my face? And should I use it after soap or before? I tried once to scrub after I wash my face, after that the coconut oil remain on my face and hardly wash off with water >_<
    And big thanks for sharing! All your sugar scrub looks super lovely ~_~ I love all these natural skin care you did :)
    Appreciate~~

117. 197

I’ve been waiting for 6 months to make this. Can you use apricot kernel oil instead of the almond oil?

118. 198

I have gotten those bottles you used for this project Starbucks coffee comes in them and also Aldi’s cold coffees come in the exact same bottles. I am all for recycling things, what a great project! Hope you do not mind but I shared this link/post yesterday with my business face book fan page.

119. 199

Thank you for sharing! I have made these for friends and they have loved them!!! The labels are perfect as well!

120. 200

Where did you get the little wooden scoops on your chocolate sugar scrub?

121. 201
    Emily Brouh says:

Hey! I was wondering how you did the lids on the jars. Did you just paint them white and then cut out scrapbook paper then glued it on? Thank you :)

122. 202
    Marissa Benda says:

Can I just say I’m so glad you have “The Idea Room” marked on this photo. It’s everywhere and if you did not have that I would not have found it!

• 203

Ha! Precisely the reason I watermark my photos. They get stolen all the time. I unfortunately have to put the watermark over the stuff in the photo so that it is not removed as easily!

123. 204

Hi I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE this idea and am going to give them out this Christmas. I was planning on buying pint sized mason jars because I don’t have any glass jars like the starbucks ones. The starbucks jars are 9.5 oz and the mason jars are 16 ounces so I am assuming I will just have to double the recipe for each jar. Another concern is does it matter which peppermint essential oil you use?
    Also for readers….. I saw someone post about using candy canes and grinding them f or the colored layer. Did you use that in replace for the color and scent or not? Also how many candy canes did you need? I am just trying to add up all the supplies as i am planning on making these for about 10 people. Thank so much again!

• 205

The recipe yields a little over a cup so you could just determine how much fits into you mason jar and make that many batches. It will also be affected by the amount of oil that you add.

• 206

If you have an IKEA near you I found some great little mason like type jars there for very inexpensive.

124. 207
    Christina says:

What kind of labels did you use for the shape of the labels you offer to print?

125. 208
    Stacy in WI says:

Hi! I know you posted this last year, but I just found it through Pinterest. Thank you so much for sharing your sugar scrub recipe, I’m making a lot for Christmas presents! I love how simple this is and how few ingredients there are. My husband and I are in an unpaid internship this year and this is a huge help in being able to give nice but inexpensive gifts. Thanks again!

126. 209

I love this idea. I am new to this sort of thing and I’m wondering how to print the pdf labels? Do you buy specific printer labels? If so where do you find them? Thanks!

127. 210
    Shannan Lambert says:

We have the labels for the Peppermint Sugar Scrub however the lids have no printables. Any suggestions? Shannan

128. 211

Where can you get the self stick labels in this shape?

129. 212

I made this two years ago, and to make the pink layer, I added very finely crushed candy canes! It was perfect!

130. 213

These look awesome! To bad I don’t have Facebook so I can get the instructions. :(

• 214

Omg,..I’m an idiot. I only read the top part about being a fan on Facebook to get the directions. I now see you still give the ingredients! Thanks! I can’t wait to make this for my mom and sis for Christmas!

131. 215
    Samantha triplett says:

Alot of people have asked about using peppermint extract instead of scented oil but I can’t find an answer…. I was also really wanting to know about the extract?? I don’t see why it wouldn’t work but I wanted to know if anyone knew!!

• 216

It can work…it will just get rancid quick. I would make a small batch or keep it in the refrigerator. You will also not have the benefits of the oils and you may need to add more to get a good smell. But you certainly can use it.

132. 219

I have a quick question! Does the peppermint oil have to be pure peppermint essential oil? Or can a “flavoring” work just as well?

133. 220

hey, great idea, but i was wondering if i could use sesame oil?

134. 221

Hey Amy! Could you do me a favor and email me the lables for these? I deactivated my facebook but I would love to get my hands on these!! Much appreciated! You have such an awesome website, I love all of the great ideas you have on here!

135. 222

Hi thanks so much for the recipe! I love how yours came out. I made about 16 in mason jars. I had a bit difficulty getting the labels to stick on the jars over the words. I ended up using crazy glue and a hot glue gun. Also, I kept one for myself and went to use it this morning and it felt hard when i opened it. It just doesn’t feel like the same texture in the bowl. Is that normal? Once again yours came out so beautiful!! Maybe next time I will go for the Starbucks jars! Thanks again!

136. 223

Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics?
    Thanks for your time!

137. 224
    Breanna hessler says:

Hi I was reading over you blog and I love this idea so I was going to give it a shot. I tried clicking the link for the labels it lead me no where wondering if I am doing something wrong or if the link is broke? Thanks

138. 226
    amanda losier says:

I was wondering if replacing the peppermint essential oil with peppermint extract is the same?

139. 227

I apologize if my question has already been answered. I have been trying to locate bottles like the ones above. The wooden lid jar I can get at Hobby Lobby but this one is distinctive…any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

140. 229

wow! Thanks for the great idea!!!

141. 230

Does it color your face because of the food dye ?

1. Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub | 3CityGirlsNyc says:

[...] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub [...]

2. [...] idea! OR Just a treat for yourself! You can find the recipe, and step-by-step instructions here: Sugar Scrubs Recipes Basic Ingredients: White Sugar Almond Oil Peppermint Essential Oil It looks like she's reusing [...]

3. [...] Sugar Scrubs Recipes Guess what? I have another version of some sugar scrubs for you today. I LOVE these! Beauty I just adore the holidays and simply love giving to all of the special people around me. remember the photo canvases i wanted to make awhile back? i finally got around doing them! [...]

4. [...] Tutorial for peppermint body scrub. Share this:TwitterFacebookTumblrPinterestStumbleUponLinkedInEmailLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. [...]

5. [...] Peppermint Recipe’s you might like to try!Peppermint Simple Syrup for Peppermint Mochas Yum! Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Love!If you're new here,Welcome! I am honored that you would visit. If you would like,please leave [...]

6. [...] Are you looking for a great neighbor or teacher gift idea? Amy shares her Peppermint Sugar Scrub. [...]

7. [...] make quite a few as gifts (but save one for yourself). Get the tutorial from Amy at The Idea Room here. You may also [...]

8. [...] and giving a gift that’s meaningful and from the heart. As I was roaming along, I came across this website that has amazing sugar scrub recipes that are easy to make and would make perfect gifts for [...]

9. [...] happy to learn making beauty products at home was not beyond my reach. And when I saw the pin from The Idea Room about Peppermint Candy Cane Scrub, it was a done deal – great DIY christmas [...]

10. [...] sisters, aunts, moms, and grandmas… how about learning how to make a Sugar Scrub?  The Idea Room has a FAB tutorial for making a Peppermint Candy Sugar Scrub.  Doesn’t it look scrumptious and lovely? It’s way easier than you’d [...]

11. [...] peppermint sugar scrub from the idea room [...]

12. [...] and friends during the Christmas season. This year, a gift idea on Pinterest piqued my interest: Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub at The Idea Room. (Click on the link above for the sugar scrub [...]

13. [...] it would have way more. I love that it’s peppermint too, so it’s like Christmas! HERE is a simple [...]

14. [...] For a festive homemade sugar scrub recipe, I adore this Peppermint Candy Cane Scrub from The Idea Room. Be sure to check it out for step-by-step instructions on how to make this cute [...]

15. [...] so in love with this DIY craft! I borrowed the idea from THE IDEA ROOM blog! I want to shout out to her because, DUH…she deserves the credit. This isn't her [...]

16. [...] Christmas in a jar… this DIY gift idea builds on a basic sugar scrub recipe, using raspberry juice to color the scrub red and some peppermint essential oil. Peppermint candy cane sugar scrub from The Idea Room. [...]

17. [...] Sugar Scrubs Recipes [...]

18. [...] was inspired to make some peppermint foot scrub {tutorial found here}, lemon cupcake body scrub, and brown sugar lip scrub for all the ladies in the [...]

19. [...] making and using this Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub recipe as found on The Idea [...]

20. [...] Sugar Scrubs from The Idea Room are great for your skin, and recipients will think that it takes a lot of work! It will be your little secret just how easy this tutorial is. [...]

21. [...] Sugar Scrubs Recipes [...]

22. [...] Pretty pink homemade body scrub from The Idea Room! [...]

23. [...] Sugar Scrub – I ordered all my scented oils over the holidays and meant to do this as a Christmas gift, [...]

24. [...] Peppermint sugar scrub. [...]

25. [...] Peppermint Sugar Scrub For the Peppermint Sugar Scrub, we recommend this recipe. For half of the scrubs, substitute orange and grapefruit oil for peppermint. After making the [...]

26. [...] filled these little jars to the brim with colored sugar scrub.  I found the recipe on The Idea Room via Pinterest.  Since these jars only hold about 4 oz. it seemed like the perfect size to give as [...]

27. 39 DIY Gifts You’d Actually Want To Receive | Natural Beauty & Health at Any Age says:

[...] It looks edible. It is not. Directions here. [...]

28. DIY Wedding Favors – Sugar Scrub | Vintage Bleu says:

[...] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub find out how at theidearoom [...]

29. [...] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub [...]

30. ADORABLE Christmas gift DIY idea: Candy Cane Sugar Scrub via @theidearoom | lissetteemanuelelh0276 says:

[...] theidearoom.internet by means of Kristen on [...]

31. [...] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub from The Idea Room [...]

32. [...] properties). If you want to get extra fancy, try these recipes to make yourself smell like peppermint candy or honeyed citrus or an orange creamsicle. Or just search Pinterest for a bazilliondy other [...]

33. Thrifty Thursday #12 | Life Around The Loop says:

[...] Photo by The Idea Room [...]

34. [...] a fun way to package this scrub, check out the Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub from The Idea [...]

35. [...] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub (labels included) ~ Body scrubs are always welcome gifts for friends and for Christmas stockings. You can make the [...]

36. [...] Peppermint Sugar Scrub  ::  The Idea Room [...]

37. [...] Sugar Scrubs are the perfect gifts for all teachers, friends and family, and are super easy DIY projects to make! There are tons of recipes/styles on how to create your sugar scrub, but this Candy Cane Sugar Scrub is the perfect holiday find. Learn how to create this holiday mix step-by-step here. [...]

38. […] Photo and Recipe Cred: The Idea Room […]

39. […] Candy Cane Sugar Scrub from The Idea Room […]

40. […] has them in every yummy scent imaginable!) and her peppermint candy cane one is to-die-for! Visit The Idea Room for the full recipe on this scrub PLUS snag her cute label that goes across her container. We […]

41. […] Sugar Scrubs Recipes […]

42. […] Sugar Scrubs Recipes […]

43. […] in a jar! Thanks to The Idea Room! I got this recipe from Amy Huntley over at The Idea Room and it is amazingly refreshing and will […]

44. […] Sugar Scrubs Recipes […]

45. […] DIY Candy Cane Scrub / The Idea Room […]

46. […] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub via The Idea Room […]

47. […] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub […]

48. […] It’s amazingly easy to make a sugar scrub and it is such a rich and luxurious gift. You need only 3 ingredients: Sugar, Oil {like coconut or almond oil} and an essential oil that smells yummy. See how you can make it at the idea room. […]

49. […] tote bag – & bonus awesome: one of the materials needed to make this is a POTATO! -this candy cane sugar scrub. sounds so awesome! this adorable & modern clock, link […]

50. […] Hand Warmers Tile Coasters Hair Comb Peppermint Sugar Scrub Custom made Mugs Yarn Wrapped Candles Mini Clay Bowls Glitter Galaxy Ornaments Salt Dough […]

51. […] pretty and gorgeously scented… Nothing says Christmas in a Jar quite like Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub! Sugar Scrubs are not just a popular bath must-have, they’re a great way to add some moisture […]

52. […] perfect for Christmas gifts. Those Buzzfeed articles never fail us! One of our favorites was the peppermint candy cane sugar scrub; super easy to make and what an awesome gift! Here’s the full list, we hope you guys enjoy it […]

53. […] Peppermint Sugar Scrub – For the lady on your list who likes to pamper herself; this bath product is so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you’ve been buying it from a store all these years! […]

54. […] Source: The Idea Room […]

55. […] Peppermint sugar scrub (I used this recipe) […]

56. […] Sugar Scrubs Recipes […]

57. […]  Peppermint Candy Cane Scrub from The Idea […]

58. […] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub from The Idea Room – so easy and labels […]

59. […] Yet another adorable DIY project that would make a great gift or party favor. Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub. […]

60. […] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub–The Idea Room The holiday’s can be stressful. Help de-stress someone’s day by giving them a homemade […]

61. […] as you go.  I used the printable label from the website where I found this idea which you can find here (thank you to The Idea […]

62. […] Hoy les traigo una idea muy bonita para regalar a las amigas esta navidad o reyes.. un exfoliante hecho por ti misma y que tiene un aspecto muy dulce.. me encanta!  Aparte de este exfoliante también encontrarás muchos otros productos que puedes hacer tu misma.  Para ir al tutorial, PINCHA AQUÍ. […]

63. […] Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub from The Idea Room […]

64. […] in the word, one is when a Pinterest project actually turns out better than disaster. Inspired by this post from The Idea Room, I took a shot at making sugar scrubs to give to my favorite people in the world. And I am jazzed […]

65. […] Candy Cane Scrub:  I’ve been eyeing up this blog post, so pretty and […]

66. […] You can make this lovely and effective body scrub using items you find in your kitchen! Find out how – here! […]

67. […] family I made a Peppermint Sugar Scrub. This is another idea I saw on Pinterest. The idea came from The Idea Room […]

68. […] about a multipurpose herb: Peppermint can have a place in your beauty regimen, too. Try this peppermint candy cane sugar scrub, which The Idea Room blog touts as a way to “add some moisture and soften up winter-dry […]

69. […] I always try to make a gift for my friends and family, and this year I made Peppermint Sugar Scrub (recipe and inspiration found here at The Idea Room). […]

70. […] cute gift idea. I found the idea for Peppermint Sugar Scrub at my new favorite crafty blog – The Idea Room. It’s super simple: it just takes sugar, coconut oil and peppermint essential oil. And, the […]

71. […] Dreamsicle Sugar Scrub: Next, I made the sugar scrub. I found my inspiration for the scrub here. I liked that it had limited ingredients and was very easy to make….if you follow the […]

72. […] pretty striped layers of this Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub from The Idea Room make it a winner in my book. Using a tall jar for this scrub will give your […]

73. […] colors, or adding in a couple of pinecones or berry sprigs, you could easily make it Christmas-y. The Idea Room’s Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub This is the one I’m most eager to try.  I’ve even been storing up my used Starbucks […]

74. […] Sugar Scrubs Recipes […]

75. […] Peppermint Sugar Scrub -Sugar scrubs are a great way to add some moisture and soften up winter-dry skin.  And who doesn’t need that this time of year.  It is also a great way to relax during this crazy busy season. […]

76. […] to keep it simple, I asked the internet for a sugar body scrub and it delivered The Idea Room’s Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub. She has all kinds of body scrubs on her site so be sure to check it […]

77. Limited Offer This Pretty Print Scrub

[...] motions to areas of the body that you want to remove dead skin cells. Doing this [...]