Looking for another easy Weeknight Dinner Recipe the whole family will love? Try this Slow Cooker Meatballs Recipe. They are so good and make for a great appetizer dipped in your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce…or throw them on top of your favorite pasta for some good old fashioned Spaghetti and Meatballs!
It is hard to find a recipe the whole family will enjoy and this is one that everyone gets excited about at our house. As a mom, that’s huge…am I right?! I also like that you can either simmer these in the slow cooker to make them extra tasty and flavorful, or you can bake them in the oven if you want to serve them faster.
Slow Cooker Meatballs
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg and egg yolk, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together with clean hands until everything is mixed together.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Place inside a greased slow cooker.
- When all meatballs are in the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours until meat is cooked through (no longer pink).
- If desired, sprinkle with a bit of fresh chopped parsley or dried Italian seasoning for garnish and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Or serve with Spaghetti.
*For a quicker method, the meatballs can be baked. Follow directions to make meatballs, but instead of placing in the slow cooker, place meatballs 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until browned.
Another way we have changed them up is to make them into Cheesy Meatballs. All you need to do is cut a small piece of cheese into chunks and then wrap the cheese into the meatball as you are forming them into 1 inch balls. The cheese gets all melty and ooey gooey adding some deliciousness to the final product!