One of our favorite things to do during the Holidays is spend time with each other. Some of that almost always includes making something in the kitchen together. With three girls who love to bake, I am always looking for fun and easy recipes they can make together. These ChexTM Muddy Buddies are a great way to spend time together.
Baking together is a great way for my girls (and kids in general) to develop some life skills and to build their relationships with each other. Sometimes there may be a little too much togetherness… :). But in the end, these are the things they look forward to doing during the holiday season. We are building traditions and strengthen our bonds as a family….and we are eating chocolate…which is always a good thing!
We made these Chex Muddy Buddies and boy are they tasty! They would also be a fun treat at your Holiday Parties or to give away to some of your favorite friends and neighbors.
Chex Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Make some today with your families. Then save them to eat for yourself or share them with your loved ones!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ChexTM. The opinions and text are all mine.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.