Sharing one of the best cookie recipes for your Holiday Cookie Exchange or Christmas Cookie Party today…our Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies Recipe.
Cookies are one of our favorite things to make. I think it is because they are pretty simple to make and there are so many fun and different cookie recipes available. My girls also love to bake and cookies are usually one of the first things they choose. With the holidays right upon us, these Peppermint Sugar Cookies are the perfect cookie to bring to your Holiday Party or Cookie Exchange.
Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies Recipe
2 1/2 cups cake flour, plus more for dusting work surface
2 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup all vegetable shortening, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Crushed candy canes, for topping
- Sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into a large bowl, then whisk it just a few times, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, on medium speed, whip together butter, shortening and sugar until very pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in egg and mix until combined, then add egg white, vanilla and peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- With mixer running, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Transfer dough to an airtight container and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 during the last 10 minutes of refrigeration.
- Scoop dough out about 3 Tbsp at a time and roll into a ball.
- Place dough ball on a lightly floured surface, sprinkle top lightly with flour, then using something flat and smooth (such as the storage container lid), press and evenly flatten dough to 1/2″ thick.
- Transfer flattened dough to a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and repeat process with remaining dough (you’ll have to use 2 cookie sheets).
- Bake in preheated oven 9 – 11 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Cool completely then dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Check out these other amazing Peppermint Recipes!!
Peppermint Macarons – Ashlee Marie
Strawberry Candy Cane Mousse – Mom Endeavors
Peppermint Cheesecake Jars – See Vanessa Craft
Candy Cane Almond Bark – A Night Owl Blog
peppermint hot chocolate – Spaceships & Laserbeams
Peppermint Oreo Truffles – Two Twenty One
Peppermint Brownie Truffles – Happiness is Homemade
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge – Printable Crush
Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies – The Idea Room
Candy Cane Sugar Scrub –The Idea Room
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!