I have a fun little Neighbor Gift idea for you today! I know how hard it can be to think of new ideas for gift giving during the Holidays! I made this on my Cricut Maker…which by the way…I think I have mentioned before how much I love this machine. If you are unfamiliar with it, you can learn more about it here or you can purchase one here.
I personally have always been a little obsessed with hand towels. I love collecting them much to my husband’s dismay sometimes! I am trying to get better. ;) I just love how they are a simple way to bring some festive fun into the kitchen in the form of color or a humorous pun. I just made and shared with you this hand towel with my Cricut Maker as well if you are interested in checking that out!
Anyways, I wanted to make a fun and colorful towel that you could use for your own home to decorate for the Christmas Holiday or that you could make and give away to your neighbors and friends! So I created this fun design and used a red foil iron-on material that is kind of flashy! I love how it turned out! I am going to have to make some more to give away, since I am definitely going to be keeping this one!
To make your own, you will need the following supplies. This Cricut project has several different layers of iron on so I will show you how to iron them on without ruining the other layers.
plain white hand towel
1. Press your hand towel with your EasyPress or iron and set aside.
3. Customize it to your own dimensions if needed.
4. Follow the directions and load the separate materials into the Cricut Maker.
6. When you go to cut out the Christmas Tree in the truck, you can cut it out in vinyl if you are going to paint it or draw it on your towel with colored pencil like I did. OR you can cut out some green iron on material if you want the tree to be out of iron on material. If you do this, be sure to turn the Mirror On button on. You can cut off the excess piece of iron on so that it matches up with the truck bed.
7. Weed out all the excess material that is not needed and line up the pieces in this order so you will know what piece to iron on the towel first.
- merry christmas lettering
- red truck
- black wheels
- white hub caps
- christmas tree piece
- gold star
8. Make sure the EasyPress (or iron) is heated to 295 degrees. Set timer for 35 seconds.
9. Heat up your material for 35 seconds where you will be placing the design.
10. Press the Merry Christmas onto the hand towel with a light pressure for the 35 seconds. Remove EasyPress and gently remove the backing of the material.
11. Press on the red truck using the same method for the lettering.
12. Take a couple pieces of card stock to cover the already ironed on material so that only the area the tire will be ironed on is uncovered. Iron on each wheel. The card stock will prevent the already placed material from getting damaged.
13. Using card stock again, iron on the hubcaps.
14. Line up the tree and either paint, color or iron it on.
15. Add the gold star on by ironing is on the material as well.
16. Wrap up and gift to friends and neighbors!
So easy to make and yet a fun and festive gift idea! I am not sure I want to actually use it now and get it dirty! Haha! Maybe I will make another one just for decoration! But I love how it brings a fun and little sparkly element into my sometimes not so festive kitchen! Maybe I can talk my husband into letting me set up a Christmas tree in the corner of my kitchen. ;)
If you end up making one, I would love to see it! And…for a lucky winner, we are giving away a Cricut Maker so you can create lots of fun projects! Wahoo!! Enter below! Good luck! xoxo
Happy gifting friends! Thanks for stopping by!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!