Have your kids been keeping up with their summer reading? My kids LOVE to read and so I usually never have to encourage them to read. Sometimes I have to encourage a couple of them to actually put their books DOWN and go outside to play for a while.
Because most of my kids like reading, bookmarks are hard to come by…usually because someone else has taken it. So anything tends to be used as a bookmark here. So I thought it would be fun to make some simple Animal Bookmarks for the kids to use in their books.
I drew the animals and then uploaded them into Cricut Design Space. Then I designed the bookmarks so that I could cut them out with my Cricut Explore Machine. You can make some too. They are so simple but could be a fun gift idea to give to a child with their favorite book or book series.
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
20 minute project
Ink Jet Printer
1. Click on the Make It Now button.
2. Pull project up in your Cricut Design Space.
3. Load 3 sheets of white card stock into your printer.
4. Select “GO”.
5. Print out your Animal Cards.
6. Load Animal Cards (one at a time) onto a light grip Cricut Mat.
7. Cut each card. Then remove from the mat.
8. Take your exact knife and carefully cut from the ear along the jaw line all the way around to the other ear of each animal. This will allow you to open the card so that the animal face can be placed on the front of your book page.
Give them to the kids or use them for your own bookmarks! Happy Reading!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.