Every kitchen should be supplied with the top cooking products that make being in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. I am sharing my favorite cooking supplies that I love and use in my own home.
It’s important to make sure you are using the right cooking supplies and utensils in your kitchen for safety and ease! Some items are absolutely necessary to cooking, while some items are important based on personal preferences and the type of cooking you like to do.
BASIC SUPPLIES EVERY KITCHEN NEEDS
- cutting boards
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- can opener
- vegetable peeler
- wooden utensils
- meat thermometer
- hand towel
- Swedish dish wash cloths
- pot holders
- sheet pans
- baking dishes
- storage containers
MY FAVORITE COOKING SUPPLIES
These are my favorite cooking supplies that I use all the time and love using in my kitchen.
- Silicone Baking Mats: Use silicon baking mats to prevent your cookies from sticking to the pan. They also bake the cookies more evenly and prevent the cookies from becoming too flat.
- White Utility Kitchen Bowls: These bowls are not only functional but cute! I love storing them in my glass pantry to they are part of my kitchen decor when they are not in use.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer: I use my KitchenAid all the time for a wide variety of uses. I mix bread, batters, cookies, beat whipping cream and so much more. It is a staple item I use several times a week in my home. They also come in a variety of fun colors and sizes.
- Russell Hobbs Retro Style Toaster: This toaster works so well! It also it cute enough that you won’t want to hide it away behind a cupboard. It come in a couple different fun colors. I like the toaster rack on the top. It really works and we wash it and use it for my daughter to toast her GF free bread. It works great and keeps her bread completely separate from the other breads containing gluten.
- Bamboo Wooden Spurtles: I have almost exclusively traded these wooden spurtles and use them in place of my wooden spoons. I love the flat tip and it’s perfect for all sorts of cooking and baking.
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven: I love this dutch oven! I use it for all my soups and love to use it to bake in the oven too!
- Wilton Long Loaf Bread Pans: I use these bread loaf pans instead of the normal wider pans. The long skinny pans bake the bread more evenly all the way through so you don’t end up with burnt edges and uncooked bread in the center.
- Wooden Spoon: This spoon is great for cooking soups and mixing batter.
- Instant Pot: I use this all of the time. Once you get the hang of it, it makes cooking so much faster. Perfect for the busy mom on those crazy school nights!
- Briefton’s Food Chopper: Chop your veggies into perfect diced cubes with this chopper. So easy to use and so easy to clean!
- Garlic Press Pro: No more messing with a hard to use garlic press. I love how easy this is to use and how easy it is to clean.
- Apple Peeler and Corer: We use this almost everyday! We love apples and they are so easy to peel and core with this tool!
- Flat Whisk: So easy to use and the design makes it more effective.
- JA Henckels Knife Set: This German knife set is so well made. The knives are great in quality and feels well balanced in your hand.
- 12 piece Cookware Set: I love this cookware set. The pans heat up evenly and cook the food evenly. Wash up easily and don’t stain.
- Bench Scraper: I use this for making doughs and bread!
- Kitchen Shears: What don’t I use these for. Kitchen shears are a must in any kitchen.
- Microplane Grater: Easy to use for all your grating needs.
Are you struggling to find the perfect gift idea for all of those on your gift list this year? It can be hard to find gifts that you know your friends and family are going to enjoy and use. We created these different gift guides to help you find the perfect gift idea for everyone. You can check out our gift guides here.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.