Hi! I’m Taryn from Design, Dining and Diapers and I’m so excited to be at The Idea Room today! Over at my place, I share DIY projects, home decor, and allergy friendly recipes. About 6 years ago I found out I was intolerant to eggs, gluten and soy and I have really enjoyed creating delicious recipes that I can indulge in. I know so many of you are also trying to find recipes that work for your dietary needs so I thought I’d share a new favorite recipe today.
Check out these Gluten Free Sugar Cookies topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and garnished with fresh strawberries. I love mixing chocolate and fruit and the strawberries are the perfect balance with the rich frosting. Perfect for summer!
I will also note that the actual cookie is also dairy free, just the frosting has a little dairy in it!Print
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Author: Taryn from Design, Dining and Diapers
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 18 cookies
2 Cups of Gluten-Free Flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour Mix)
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer + 1/4 Cup Water (Or 2 eggs)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Sugar (for rolling)
1/2 Cup Softened Butter
2 1/2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Tbsp. Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugars, oil, vanilla and eggs together.
- Slowly add in the flour mix and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2″ balls and then roll in sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet 2″ a part.
- Gently flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass by pressing down on them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool. Meanwhile combine all of the frosting ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Frost the cookies and garnish with strawberries.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.